Job DescriptionRocket Lab
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 1,100 people strong and we're adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
From missions to the Moon & Mars, to looking for life on Venus, Rocket Lab has opened up a solar system of possibilities for innovation, exploration and infrastructure in space to make for a better world down here on Earth. At Rocket Lab, our employees have a once in a lifetime opportunity to work on cutting edge projects and leave their footprint in history.
Rocket Lab has vertically integrated to become the world's leading end-to-end space company. From space software, separation systems, solar panels, reaction wheels, and in-house 3D engine builds, anything that goes to space will have a Rocket Lab logo on it.
With our Electron rocket and Photon spacecraft, we've simplified space, making it easy and affordable to get your ideas to orbit. And with the development of our re-usable rocket, Neutron, we will have the capabilities for mega constellation deployment, high value payloads, deep-space missions and human spaceflight come 2024.
Rocket Lab has the only private orbital launch site in the world and has become the leader in reliable small satellite launch. The satellites we build and launch are enabling innovation and exploration, they're keeping countries connected and borders protected, they're monitoring weather and managing waste, they're providing insights on climate change, and helping us manage resources for future generations. While other companies talk about it, we do it!
We are currently seeking a Material Planner to join our highly dynamic Supply Chain team based out of Long Beach, CAWhat you'll get to do:
You'll bring these qualifications:
- Responsible for demand, supply, and fulfillment planning within MRP
- Responsible for releasing purchase planning messages to Procurement, work orders to Production, and kit requests to the warehouse.
- Responsible for updating demand to accommodate Engineering Change Orders, communicate changes to Procurement.
- Create visibility of material position (with line of balance reports, material shortage reports, clear to build reports, etc.)
- Accountable for ensuring part master data within MRP is accurate
- Understand material demand and accuracy of configuration
- Configure BOM's within MRP, based on product spec
- Work in a cross functional team environment as a strong team player and demonstrate ability to work with other functional groups to achieve company-wide goals
These qualifications would be nice to have:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or other relevant fields
- Proficient in MS Office, ERP systems, math and statistics
- Team oriented, strong demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and to multiple deadlines
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Proficient in SQL and MRP systems
- Experience in aerospace or automotive manufacturing
- Prior experience in rapid growth environment
- Strong organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently
Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. We do what we say we're going to do, we are fiercely efficient and best of all, we build beautiful things.Important Information:
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status