The Senior Manager, Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) is responsible for multi-media EHS compliance, beyond compliance programs and EHS culture across KDPs Supply Chain and Corporate Offices. This person leads staff and collaborates with senior leadership to effectively manage compliance responsibilities and risks. This person guides local sites to effective implementation of EHS Management Systems, and directs strategies related to energy use, waste reduction, greenhouse gas emissions, water efficiency, and other dimensions of environmental impact; as well as working knowledge of Health and Safety compliance.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has one direct report
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages environmental compliance and management company-wide to ensure environmental compliance with Federal, State, and Local law while minimizing environmental impacts from business activities, products, and services.
- Leads a team that executes policies, programs, and initiatives to advance compliance and beyond-compliance goals for key business processes.
- Develops and works collaboratively with senior leadership, cross-functional teams, and local staff to develop and implement Environmental Management System components for its manufacturing facilities, consistent with corporate objectives.
- Communicates compliance risks to law department and senior leadership in order to coordinate and execute effective management strategies.
- Represents and advocates the companys environmental compliance interests before federal, state, and local regulators. Works cross-functionally to develop environmental permitting strategies and negotiates compliance issues on behalf of the company, including permitting and environmental enforcement.
- Performs environmental due diligence for domestic and international manufacturing expansion initiatives.
- Strong working knowledge of Health & Safety compliance and management systems is a plus.
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
- Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by KDP and the department.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
- Graduate degree in environmental science, law, or environmental management is required.
- 10 years experience managing environmental issues in a manufacturing / operations environment, preferably in the food manufacturing setting, with national multi-site production and distribution facilities.
- Ability to negotiate and build effective working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, both inside and outside of the company.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to diverse audiences.
- Experience in implementing Environmental Management Systems in a multi-site setting.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully leading projects (achieving goals on time and within budget, attention to detail; strong documentation and reporting skills).
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's Principles, policies and applicable laws.
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to travel 25-33% of time
- Ability to be punctual, thrive in a fast-paced environment; anticipate needs and be proactive in resolving issues; and follow KDP policies and procedures.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (67% - 100% of the workday). Ability to lift 30 pounds on a regular basis and 50 pounds occasionally.
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig, Dr Pepper, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Canada Dry, Snapple, Bai, Motts and The Original Donut Shop. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.