Title: Senior Scientist, Cell Biology
Location: Cambridge, MA
What we're looking for
- A motivated scientist that is not afraid to step out of the comfort zone
- Welcome challenges and understands the demands of a start-up environment
- A multi-tasker capable of wearing many shoes and never says "that's not my job"
- A team player that enjoys a respectful and innovative work environment
- Lead Rosetta's efforts to execute robust and high-throughput in vitro cell-based assays to screen and characterize novel RNA targeting candidates
- Develop and implement new screening assay to meet a myriad of checkpoints for candidates from multiple pipelines
- Perform and enable detailed characterization of engineered proteins using multicolor flow cytometry, fluorescent imaging, ELISA, MSD, and other immunoassays.
- Design and manage experimental efforts conducted with external contract research organizations
- Collaborate effectively with scientists and cross-functional teams throughout Jorna and contribute intellectually to project strategy.
- Analyze and interpret data using Prism, Minitab or similar
- Present and communicate scientific findings on regular basis
- Experience with cell-based assay development is a must, and experience with genome editing tools is a plus
- Education: PhD with 2+ years, BS/MS with 6+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Ability to introduce new technologies to improve the performance, throughput, and efficiency of assays
- Proven record of success in leveraging biochemical and cell assays for protein candidate screening and kinetic characterization
- Record of significant contribution to publications in peer reviewed journals and presentations at scientific meetings.
- A desire to learn new things, the ability to remain flexible in a dynamic work environment and adjust priorities in a timely manner.
Compensation, Benefits, and Intangibles:
We offer a competitive compensation package, which includes excellent base and benefits, such as 401(k), top-of-the-line health insurance, unlimited time-off, sick and parental leave, among others.About Rosetta Bio:
Rosetta Bio is a vibrant startup founded by scientists from the Broad Institute and Harvard working on AI-guided protein design. In the past, our work has helped our clients such as Sherlock Biosciences and the Gates Foundation tackle some unique challenges that they faced, which in turn formed the basis of our cutting-edge platform. Now we are taking on some of the most challenging problems in protein design that could have a profound impact in multiple fields such as biomedicine, biomanufacture, and so on. We are inviting the most brilliant minds to join us on this exciting journey.How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at email@example.com.
- Include the role's title in your subject line and attach your resume.
- Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done.
Rosetta Biosciences is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law.