Loureiro Engineering Associates is seeking an Environmental Engineer
to add to our team for our Portsmouth, New Hampshire office.
Our goal is to employ the right individuals to be a part of our team, learning and working with experienced professionals who will help provide the formal training and mentoring needed to grow professionally and strive toward the opportunities that Loureiro can offer. You will work on a number of diverse projects and will be able to see how the Company's core values are instilled in every project and in every employee.Responsibilities:
- Technical supervision for the construction phase of environmental remediation projects. Construction management tasks include: bid preparation, remedial system design, reviewing shop drawings/specification/product data, creating and maintaining schedules, Health & Safety work plans, and communication of construction activities to all levels of the multi-discipline installation team;
- Conduct laboratory treatability studies under laboratory manager's guidance. Tasks include: assistance with proposal preparation, treatability test design, execution of laboratory work and collection of data.
- Effectively communicate with project manager, senior engineers, other colleagues involved in projects, and potentially the client to provide periodic updates on project status and results.
- Field oversight of contractors for performance, quality, schedule, safety, and technical effectiveness;
- Preparation for field tasks and execution of field work including air, soil, sediment, and groundwater sampling; remedial construction management or oversight; installing, developing, and sampling monitoring wells; logging soil borings and collection of soil samples; drum and waste sampling; and using software to complete chain-of-custody forms;
- Conduct environmental field studies and surveys; working as part of a field team to conduct investigations and/or project oversight;
- Provide technical support as part of a project team performing preliminary assessments, site investigations, remedial investigations/actions, site surveys, feasibility studies as part of providing solutions to clients under CERCLA, RCRA, and other environmental compliance regulations;
- Office tasks will include organization of project data (data entry into existing database), data analysis, compilation of field data for project archives and reporting, authoring portions of, or complete, reports, assistance with all activities involved in preparing a report that goes to the client, and management and maintenance of project files;
- Writing and supporting the writing of documents, including field oversight documentation reports, field reports, health and safety plans, quality assurance project plans, field sampling plans, data management plans, remedial investigation reports, and feasibility studies.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil, Chemical, Environmental, Mechanical Engineering or other related disciplines;
- 0-3 years' experience in environmental consulting;
- Phase I and II and Remediation experience a plus;
- Prior experience overseeing and working with subcontractors (e.g., drillers, construction workers, surveyors, etc.) while performing field work, is a plus;
- Laboratory experience a plus;
- Strong communication, analytical, and technical writing skills;
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel preferred. Database and data visualization software (EQuIS, EnviroInsite, GIS) experience a plus;
- Interest and/or experience with environmental site investigation/remediation and laboratory treatability studies;
- Willingness and ability to travel on short-term assignments as needed;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and demanding environment. Knowledge in organizing, planning, and prioritizing work;
- OSHA HAZWOPER training preferred.
We are passionate about solving our clients' problems and dedicated to providing them with exceptional service. Our team is intellectually curious and self-driven to advance each activity we undertake with purpose and passion. If this sounds like a fit for you, we'd love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
EEO/AAP Statement: Loureiro Engineering Associates Inc. is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR