Job DescriptionWhat you will do:
Are you seeking something challenging? Management Solutions is always looking for strong talent to join our team. At our core, we understand that the key component that underlies everything in business is the people. Great companies cannot be successful without them. We look for technically skilled achievers who think critically, love to solve problems, and are passionate about pursuing comprehensive excellence in their lives. This is a full time position with benefits.
The primary focus of the Environmental Field Scientist/Technician is to collect data in the field at project sites associated with our clients' environmental challenges. After data collection, you will report data back to the project team in a concise and accurate manner to assist in solving these challenges. This role will also perform research online and in person at regulatory agency locations and assist the project team with the development of technical reports and graphics.
This is an entry to mid-level role for a geologist, engineer, environmental scientist, or technician who has a background in the environmental consulting, construction trades or related industries and is a demonstrated self-starter and critical thinker. This role will involve working on multiple projects both in the field and in the office. Likely split for these efforts will be 70/30 with the majority of time in the field (out of state travel is required). Regular overnight travel will be required. Occasional onsite assignments in excess of one week will be expected. Good communication skills and organization are expected in this role as you work independently, provide subcontractor oversight, and execute assigned work within budgets on all tasks. Who we are…
Management Solutions is a national award-winning management consulting firm that specializes in project execution, strategic consulting and change management.
Founded in 2002 , MSLLC has been named Small Business of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration, the Department of Energy and the Oak Ridge National Laboratory. MSLLC has also been recognized as one of the Top Employers in the Greater Knoxville area.Responsibilities & Competencies…
- Collects, manages, and reports environmental data to project team and assists in the preparation of reports documenting compliance status in accordance with contract specifications.
- Performs database research to determine site histories, regulatory actions, and site compliance background,
- Performs field data collection including:
- Installation of soil borings and monitoring wells and logging of drill cores,
- Collecting soil and groundwater samples, physical site data and measurements for site maps,
- Preparing detailed field notes.
- Assists project team to prepare environmental reports including:
- Site Investigation Reports,
- Groundwater monitoring reports
- Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Plans
- Interfaces on site as our advocate with clients, regulators, property owners and other project stakeholders
- Evaluates and raises project early warning signals to project manager.
- Ensures compliance with internal procedures such as federal/government regulations.
- Performs other duties as required.
- 0-5 years of experience in engineering, regulatory compliance, construction, or military services.
- Bachelor's or associates degree in sciences, engineering, or related field. Consideration will be given to candidates without college degrees who have demonstrated trades and/or mechanical/construction experience.
- 40 Hour OSHA HAZWOPPER Training required, preference will be given to candidates who have current certificates.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office Applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, and Power Point.
- Experience, in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) prepare Site Maps for Environmental Reports is a plus.
- Experience working on US Army Corps of Engineers or DoD sites is a plus.
- Experience in ground water, soil and surface water sampling, and formal training is a plus.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and influencing skills that foster a collaborative and continuous-improvement environment.
- Must pass a federal background check and drug screening, if selected.
Work may be performed at the client site and/or MSLLC offices and will regularly involve "Field Work" and outside exposure to the elements at remote project sites to oversee subcontractors, perform environmental sampling and to review completion and/or status of construction projects. Overnight travel will be required. The work may require you to wear issued safety equipment. Must have clean driving record, good vision and be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English. Occasional overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
Management Solutions LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Powered by JazzHR