Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 55,000 staff across a network of more than 1000 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR € 5.4billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins Built Environment is searching for a Regional Vice President, based at a major testing facility.
The President, reporting to the Senior Vice President of Built Environment , provides comprehensive management of all technical, business, and administrative activities for a group of labs across the US. Provides support to the laboratory management at all business unit clusters, commercial and technical teams. Is responsible for the overall performance and viability of the business unit profitability. The VP is also responsible for generating positive operating margin and growing revenues for the company at the business unit level by supporting business and market strategy plans.Vice President responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages labs in accordance with business plan and analyzes financial performance to meet the business objectives.
- Monitors progress of business units toward objectives and key performance indicators (KPI's) to improve financial performance, customer service and revenue growth daily.
- Provides weekly and monthly reports to management to ensure that goals and objectives are being achieved and to recognize opportunities for development.
- Conducts supervisory responsibilities with direct reports to foster and maintain strong staff performance.
- Prepares annual capital and operating budgets for business units yearly to meet financial goals and objectives.
- Responsible for establishing new business developments and additive growth to meet financial objectives.
- Facilitates local and company-wide initiatives and activities weekly to promote cooperation and consistency across their group and the company.
- Communicates with employees daily concerning objectives, company direction and expectations to create a positive work environment and improve staff performance.
- Supports all company policies and procedures daily to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures (SOP's).
- Meets with clients on a regular basis to evaluate lab performance and respond to changing customer requirements.
- High level of national travel is required.
- Reviews audit findings and ensures corrective actions are taken as needed to maintain compliance.
- Assists laboratory management personnel with operational issues including contract negotiations, sales and service issues, customer relations, and key proposals in order to ensure smooth operating systems and meet customer needs.
- Participates in corporate and group lab meetings to support key Eurofins Environment Testing and Built Environment initiatives and provide supervision at remote facilities.
- Lead team, schedule, and train employees
- Ensure adherence to highest quality and efficiency standards in laboratory operations
- Ensure coverage and performance
- Foster morale and teamwork
- Supervises all direct reports including Cluster Leaders, Laboratory Directors, Technical Director, Sales Director, Systems/IT Managers, Quality and EHS Managers.
The ideal candidate would possess:
Basic Minimum Qualifications
- Strong Operations experience
- Profit and Loss and financial acumen and Business Finance experience
- High focus on customer satisfaction and customer experience
- Proven Business Development and Commercial experience
- Working knowledge of Indoor Air Quality and Industrial Hygiene markets
- Experience managing multi-site locations/departments/teams
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop and enforce policies and operating practices
- Strong decision-making abilities
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to develop leaders and mentorship to staff
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Strong leadership, initiative, and teambuilding skills
- BS/BA Degree in Microbiology, Business or related field required; or MBA preferred.
- 5 years management experience
- 3 years supervisory experience
- 3 years profit and loss responsibility
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Government vaccination mandates apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants will be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Evolution
In a fast growing group, successful leaders are frequently being offered increased areas of responsibility (subject to geographic mobility).
Eurofins offers international opportunities to strong performers.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Governmentvaccination mandates apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants will be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment.