As an Environmental Health & Safety Technician you will have the opportunity to provide technical Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) support for our growing list of life science and high-tech clients. In this role, you will work in conjunction with a Consulting Safety Officer (CSO) to provide hands-on client support to implement, facilitate and maintain client specific EHS programs.
We are looking for people who are service oriented with a personable and positive attitude. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to successfully navigate and promote safety programs and services while troubleshooting any issues that arise on-site. As our company philosophy is to hire and train the best people into EHS professionals who deliver for the client through technical expertise and relationship building, this is an excellent opportunity to start a career in EHS and watch it grow.Job Responsibilities
- Hands-on client support to maintain and facilitate site specific EHS programs, working in conjunction with Consulting Safety Officer (CSO).
- EHS program implementation could include: Biosafety, chemical safety, radiation safety, hazard communication, basic life safety, general fire safety, and emergency preparedness.
- Monitoring of site compliance for Covid-19 Return to Work programs which may include vendor training and inventory and restocking of critical support equipment.
- Coordination of all hazardous (biological, chemical, radioactive) waste segregation, collection, and disposal which could involve:
- Physically moving full hazardous chemical waste containers to main accumulation area
- Consolidation of biological waste for removal
- Assist with the proper collection and decay of radioactive waste.
- Maintain client specific documentation, file hazardous and biological waste manifests, conduct hazardous material inventories, maintain SDS files, and/or other support functions.
- Conduct routine inspections, such as fire extinguisher checks, first aid kit checks, satellite accumulation area checks, safety shower and eyewash flushing, AED checks, and spill kit checks.
- Order EHS program materials, such as first aid supplies, spill kit supplies, signs, labels, etc.
- Special project work at client's request working in conjunction with Consulting Safety Officer; perform chemical inventories and space or equipment decontaminations.
Required Skills and Competencies
- At least one year of professional experience, preferably in a science, lab or emergency service setting.
- Strong professional communication and written skills.
- Client service mentality.
- Ability to collaborate and also work independently.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Must be able to drive into Cambridge/Boston, MA, up to 5 days per week.
- High level of professional judgment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
As an equal opportunity employer, Safety Partners will provide reasonable accommodation for a disability or sincerely-held religious belief where required by law to do so.