San Diego, CA Hours:
Full time (with some nights and weekends)Compensation:
Commensurate with experience
Care about the environment and want to make a difference? You will be joining a team of international experts working around the globe to protect the world's oceans. The Waitt Institute is working with 10+ national and territorial governments to create sustainable ocean plans to help improve local livelihoods and economies while safeguarding marine life and ecosystems.
The Waitt Institute is hiring a manager to advance marine spatial planning that supports livelihoods, improves economies, and ensures long-term ocean health. This position will report to the MSP Director and work with partner governments, the private sector, NGOs, and academia to support development of MSP processes from concept to legal adoption and implementation, including process design and implementation, development and management of strategies to engage stakeholders, technical analyses in support of MSP, and collaborating with other Waitt Institute initiatives. This position will involve significant international travel when regular travel resumes (approx. 20%).
As a global team, the Waitt Institute is committed to being diverse, culturally competent, and inclusive, and we recognize that these core values enable our success. We seek to employ talented advocates for the ocean and coastal communities, and we welcome all applicants.
- Support a team of partners in the design and implementation of the MSP process, including collaborations with government partners, stakeholder consultation, and working with Waitt Institute partners to perform technical analyses.
- Execute the existing MSP strategy in collaboration with WI team and other partners
- Support the development and execution of MSP deliverables
- Develop partnerships and ensure coordination with other Blue Prosperity projects
- 5+ years of experience with demonstrated expertise working with coastal communities and/or ocean stakeholders,
supporting MSP or MPA programs or related
- Experience in facilitation, gaining buy-in and building consensus with stakeholders
- Familiarity and experience with working with government as partners on complex, high profile projects
- Reliable, responsive, comfortable working across time zones
- Bachelor's degree (graduate degree preferred) or equivalent in planning, conservation, natural resources management, or related
- Ability to support, inspire, and facilitate with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to engage effectively with a range of stakeholders including scientists, Government, NGOs, and general public
- A superb professional and pragmatic personal presence
- Ability to strategically and creatively solve problems
Unlimited Paid Time Off | Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision options | Health Savings Account | 401(k) match up to 6%
Learn more at waittinstitute.org & blueprosperity.org
Applicants encouraged to apply by January 31, 2022.
Powered by JazzHR