*Environmental Health & Safety Specialist*
*Together we can make a Difference!*
At Getinge we are dedicated and passionate about helping our customers save lives and ensure excellent care. We provide innovations for operating rooms, intensive-care units, sterilization departments and for life science companies and institutions. Our portfolio combines well-known product brands such as Maquet, Pulsion, Atrium, Lancer and Datascope - just to name a few.
A career at Getinge will provide career opportunities that both inspire and challenge. Here, you can make a difference every day.
_This role will be responsible to build, and implement an Environmental Health and Safety program foe the Getinge USA Sales and Service organization. Develop all Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) materials and training programs based on federal legislation, ISO 14001, corporate expectations, and customer requirements._
* Develop and implement an Environmental, Health & Safety program for the Getinge Sales and Service organization to ensure compliance with current and future legal, regulatory, corporate, and customer requirements.
* Manages strategic review of EH&S in the organization and provides appropriate objectives and programs to improve overall EH&S performance and to defend against future liabilities.
* Presents Environmental, Health & Safety performance, discusses upcoming Environmental, Health & Safety actions to improve functional performance, and proactively identifies and promptly addresses Environmental, Safety & Health issues which may affect operations or may provide strategic advantage to the business.
* Establishes and tracks metrics for assessing EH&S effectiveness in the organization, including the OSHA Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR), the OSHA Lost Worktime Case Rate (LWR).
* Develops and executes a plan to reduce worker injury and lost time rates by assessing accident occurrence and trends, job hazard analysis, and workplace setups/environment Leads the creation and maintenance of an appropriate EH&S culture through cross-functional cooperation, communications, promotions, and training.
* Establishes the priorities and manages the implementation of environmental management programs.
* Responsible for appropriate procedures, approvals, coordination and control of hazardous, regulated and solid wastes.
* Identifies and manages all EH&S regulatory compliance reporting requirements
* Responsible to develop an emergency plan and. ensures that adequate evacuation and response arrangements are in place for fire, accidents and all other emergency situations.
* Represents the company on EH&S affairs with relevant external parties, including customers, ensuring adequate response to all regulatory and legal issues and contractor/vendor qualification inquiries.
*Quality System Duties and Responsibilities: *
* Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the areas this position supports.
* Ensure that all employees that report to this position are trained to do their work and that their work and training is properly documented.
* Support the plant's quality objectives and initiatives
*Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: *
* 5-7 years' experience in EH&S in pharmaceutical/medical device industry is required. 7-10 years' experience is preferred.
* Must have prior experience dealing with local Federal and State Authorities for permits and reporting.
* In depth knowledge of state and federal OSHA standards and Tier II reporting.
* Knowledge of Quality System Regulation a plus. NHDES Hazardous Waste Coordinator Certification, and/or OSHA Emergency Response Certification desirable.
* FDA regulated environments is required.
* Must have effective verbal and written communication skills and be able to interact with all levels of the organization.
* Must demonstrate the ability to take initiative and work independently to drive results.
* Applied experience in the field of ergonomics and pro-active repetitive stress injury prevention is highly desirable.
* Strong leadership, interpersonal, strategic thinking/planning, communication, and collaboration skills are essential.
* Must be able to interpret and apply Federal, State, and Local EHS regulations.
* Must demonstrate the ability to be an effective hands-on trainer.
* Must have track record that demonstrates the ability to implement training programs and work with supervisors and personnel to improve awareness and compliance.
* Understanding of validation practices, project management, and Facilities/EH&S related projects is preferred.
* Must be a proficient user of Microsoft Office products or equivalent software application.
*Minimum Requirements: *
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Safety or Environmental Management or related field is required (or equivalent), Masters a plus.
* Must have working knowledge of ISO 14001, ISO 9001, OSHA, FDA GMP's requirements.
*Quality Requirements : *
* *Build Quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.*
* *Ensure compliance to all FDA and Worldwide Quality & Compliance regulations (As applicable to the job function).*
* *Must have the education and experience to understand and comply with U.S. and Worldwide medical device regulations (As applicable to your job function).*
* *Attend all required Quality & Compliance training at the specified interval.*
* *Adopt the "Beyond Compliance Quality Culture" in the work environment; always meet and exceed requirements.*
*Environmental/Safety/Physical Work Conditions: *
* Responsible for understanding and conforming with the Environmental Policy to ensure that significant environmental aspects that relate to actual or potential impacts with their work are executed to minimized the effects on the environment.
* Responsible for developing required environmental, health and safety programs
* Responsible for understanding and conforming with the Health and Safety Policy to ensure that the significant risks that relate to actual or potential hazards with their work are identified.
* Duties to be performed in an office or remote environment.
* Some travel between New Jersey sites, and potential field-based travel to customer locations.
*Excellent Opportunity to join an industry leader! Excellent Benefits!... Dental, Health, Vision, Life and 401(k) and more!*
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you share our passion and believe that saving lives is the greatest job in the world, then we look forward to receiving your application. We hope you will join us on our journey to become the world's most desired MedTech company.
Job Type: Full-time
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
Work Location: Multiple Locations