Environmental Technician I
PSI, an Intertek company, is searching for an Environmental Technician
to join our Building & Constructionteam in our Farmington Hills, MI
office. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in the architectural, engineering, and construction (A/E/C) industry!
The Environmental Technician
will support the Building and Construction business by conducting Industrial Hygiene work in the Metro Detroit area.
The Building & Construction team provides assurance, testing, inspection, and certification services and building science solutions to deliver Total Quality Assurance to the built environment. The team offers the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site.What you'll do:
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- Asbestos Inspections / Abatement Oversight / Post Abatement Verifications
- Lead Surveys / XRF Sampling / Risk Assessments / Clearances / EBL's
- Mold Investigations / Air Sampling / Clearances / IAQ Studies
- Due Diligence Project Support / ESA Research / Drilling Assistance
- Field Documentation / Report Preparation
- Maintain Training Records / Certifications (will provide training updates)
- Coordinate Project Data / Records / Reports related to the work assignments
- Participates in all QA/QC programs as appropriate and Safety Programs
- Performs other non-typical assignments upon availability as assigned by management
Why work at Intertek?
- AS or BS Degree in Environmental Science, Geology, Biology, Chemistry or some Physical Science preferred
- 1 year of previous experience in asbestos, lead-based paint, and mold monitoring, inspecting, and sampling preferred
- State of Michigan Asbestos and Lead Certifications are a plus
- Knowledge of IH and practical environmental concepts, principles, and practices preferred
- Good with a series of specific instrumentation related to sampling
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Valid Driver's License and reliable driving record (required)
PSI, an Intertek Company, is a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services. We are ranked #15 on the 2020 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and are able to provide the architectural, engineering, and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on-site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do .
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy .What we have to offer:
When Working with Intertek , you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification (ATIC) solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Working at Intertek means joining a global network of state-of-the-art facilities and passionate people who deliver superior customer service with a purpose of bringing quality, safety, and sustainability to life.