Dow is seeking exceptional students for an Alternating Term Co-op
opportunity located in Midland, MI
. This position targets a full-time work term then returning to school full-time for the following term, return to Dow full-time for the next term, and so forth.JOB PURPOSE
This position exists to provide project support to the Environmental Business contributing to the biological data digitization program at various Dow sites around North America. The candidate will learn to operate new technology, perform experiments, analyze samples to create digital libraries and perform data analysis. This candidate must be enthusiastic with high-initiative that takes pride in contributing to team success by accomplishing quality work in a safe and efficient manner. The candidate must be willing to relocate each work-term to various Dow locations. KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will be assigning the Environmental Team including but not limited to the following:
Critical Requirements of the Local Student Co-Op Program
- Put safety first
- Perform experiments
- Making reagents for sample preparation
- Basic quality checks of lab equipment
- Cleaning glassware with chemical cleaning
- Preparing environmental samples
- Analyze environmental samples while maintaining sample integrity
- Document and communicate results
- Work that requires operating analytical equipment
- Currently enrolled and pursuing at least a bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Applied Biology
- Must have a minimum overall cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.700 (on a 4.000 scale) at your current university.
- The candidate must have completed 1 semester of college chemistry course-work and must be pursuing a degree in a science field (chemistry, biology, or physics).
- Analytical lab experience is desirable. Any previous experience in handling glassware, solvents, analytical balance, and other fundamental lab tasks is an asset. This work requires attention to detail and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Organizational skills are necessary to juggle the many priorities that will exist. The candidate will be required to meet all deadlines for their assigned work.
- Candidates who receive a job offer will be required to pass a background check and drug screen/medical evaluation and will verify school-related requirements and I-9 documentation before being hired into Dow.
- A minimum requirement for the U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com.
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-833-My Dow HR and select option 0, then press *.