Job DescriptionLandscape Horticultural Specialist based in the Southeastern US.Starting Salary: $60K+
Rainbow Ecoscience is seeking a Horticultural Specialist based in the Southeastern US.
As the Landscape Horticultural Specialist, you will be responsible for providing science education, technical support, and training on Rainbow Ecoscience's products, equipment, and protocols to our internal team and external clients across the Southeast Region.
Your primary responsibility will be to create awareness and interest in the industry around Rainbow Ecoscience's products, equipment, and protocols through customer education, field research trials, guest lectures at green industry events, and articles on tree and shrub care. Our Horticultural Specialists have a deep understanding of turf and shrub plant health care and excel at all aspects of internal and external customer support and training. You will not have a direct revenue quota; however, success will be evaluated by growth in specific Rainbow Ecoscience's protocols, markets, and number of new users of these protocols.What You Will Do:
- Create and deliver ongoing technical and scientific training of Rainbow Ecoscience's products, equipment, and protocols to Support Staff, RTSA Customers, and Industry Partners.
- Ensure that our Territory Managers are highly skilled and educated on the science of Rainbow Ecoscience's protocols through ride-alongs, training material development, and ongoing support.
- Network with green industry organizations, extension educators, and other potential partners to create, organize and co-host educational workshops to grow plant health care professionalism and expertise.
- Expand the use of key protocols within assigned territories and markets.
- Set up training demonstrations and observation trials (treated vs. untreated) for Rainbow protocols with key customers or at locations where workshops will be held.
- Provide prompt, professional technical support to RTSA clients over the phone, e-mail, live chat, and social media that enrolls companies in additional RTSA solutions relevant to their business.
- Assist the R&D team by facilitating and managing research trials with industry professionals and academic researchers to create new protocols and uses for our products.
- Utilize CRM on a daily basis to update client information and communicate follow-up actions to RTSA customer service and sales team.
- Work in coordination with the Marketing Department to review and create client-facing material and coordinate webinars.
- BS in horticulture, urban forestry, biology, or related field OR a minimum of 3-5 years of Landscape Maintenance experience.
- Knowledge and experience diagnosing regional and national turf and shrub problems.
- Experience in managing insects, diseases, and abiotic problems on turf and shrubs growing in the landscape.
- Current state pesticide license or ability to achieve one within 6 months of hire.
- Valid Driver's License
What We Will Offer:
- BS or MS in horticulture, urban forestry, biology, or related field
- 5-7 years industry experience
- Experience training adult learners
- Landscape Industry Certified Horticultural Technician
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Full Range of Benefits including: Medical, Vision, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with company match
- 100% Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Paid Continuing Education
Since we began in 1976, we have built our business by being on the cutting edge of what gets the best results. Dedicated to scientifically proven methods, Rainbow Ecoscience (a division of Rainbow Tree Company) is committed to continually educating our employees in order to provide the most effective solutions to our clients. We have a commitment to ourselves and to our clients to do excellent work and deliver extraordinary service. We believe in ongoing improvement as we grow in the community and create leaders in the industry.Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is performed outdoors in any weather element throughout urban and rural areas. May be required to bend, reach, stoop, and lift objects; may be exposed to safety hazards and dangerous tools and equipment; during which safety precautions must be followed, including use of safety equipment. Must be able to lift 50 pounds at any given time. Must be able to travel up to 50% via airplane and automobile.You Should Know:
At Rainbow Tree Company, we celebrate our differences and are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status.