Opportunity to lead computational genomics to support the discovery and development of novel gene-editing technologies. You will develop and implement a strategy for novel protein discovery and contribute to advancing programs for proof-of-concept studies. You will contribute scientific, technical, and leadership expertise to a multidisciplinary team, emphasizing conceptualization, experimentation, data analysis, presentation, and strategic planning. Opportunity to:
We are looking for:
- Develop and utilize strategies from comparative genomics, evolutionary biology, and sequence analysis to propose and implement methodologies for novel discovery.
- Lead the implementation of computational pipelines to mine large-scale genome sequencing data.
- Exercise autonomy by working independently while also collaborating with an exceptional team to design, analyze, and interpret multi-omics technologies focused on discovering novel approaches to genetic treatments/therapies
- Lead and mentor junior scientists to collectively achieve team goals.
- Work closely with experimental scientists to ensure that data is effectively utilized for high-level impact.
- Present scientific findings with high visibility to senior leadership to drive decision-making.
You will stand out if you have:
- Ph.D. in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Biology, Genetics, Evolutionary Biology, or related discipline.
- NGS experience
- Experience with strategies for genome-scale mining initiatives.
- Ability to lead projects and mentor junior scientists
- Experience with mobile genetic elements or virology
- Experience/familiarity with gene identification, functional annotation, or comparative genomics.
- Proficiency in handling large-scale sequencing data in a cloud environment (AWS preferred).