SENIOR RESEARCH SCIENTIST I - CELL BIOLOGY in Buffalo, NY
The Senior Research Scientist I is expected to work independently without supervisory direction. Principal responsibilities may include: aseptic cell culture, the development of cell lines, reagents or assays for bioactivity testing of samples; automation of assays and execution of compound screening campaigns; potency and selectivity testing; and analysis, complex analysis of high content imaging, flow cytometry or in vitro pharmacology data and interpretation, documentation and presentation of experimental data. The Senior Research Scientist I will be expected to lead a diverse portfolio of projects and to teams.Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Development of reagents through applications of molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry as may be required
- Development and validation of assays for bioactivity screening and their transfer to robotic systems
- Performance of sample screening and generation of high quality screening data
- Demonstrate expertise in the analysis and interpretation of complex experimental data. Demonstrate a mastery of the quality indicators required for validation of an assay, engineered cell line or protein product
- Maintain comprehensive, up to date records of experimental methods, materials, calculations, results, observations and outcomes (decisions) in compliance with Curia laboratory notebook policy. Record all appropriate data electronically in Curia databases
- Apply and be able to train others in a broad spectrum of practical laboratory skills; including molecular biology, cell culture, biochemistry, assay development, in depth analysis of bioactivity data and the use of automated equipment
- Apply and be able to train others in methods used to identify, characterize and prioritize potentially therapeutic compounds for in vivo efficacy studies
- Conduct laboratory operations in a safe manner and train others in safe operations. Maintain familiarity with the Curia Chemical Hygiene Plan, Biosafety and Blood Borne Pathogen procedures and Radiation Safety Procedures handbook. Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices. Follow responsible actions regarding chemical, radiological and biological disposal. Maintain compliance with all regulations at the federal, state, and local levels
- Submit acceptable written periodic reports. Prepare summaries of experimental findings reliably and independently
- Carry routine and complex scientific tasks independently through to successful completion
- Develop solutions to routine technical problems of a complex scope
- This position may have supervisory duties.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree with at least 12 years of experience, Master's degree with at least 10 years of experience or PhD in Biology, Pharmacology, Neuroscience, Immunology or Biochemistry
- At least 7 years of laboratory experience with increasing responsibility and demonstrated independence in leading projects involving molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, assay development and validation, screening or custom reagent production.
- Other pertinent training/courses
- PhD degree in Biology, Pharmacology, Neuroscience, Immunology or Biochemistry
U.S. employees of Curia Global Inc. and its subsidiaries (a "Compan
y") hired after December 7, 2021 must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and provide the Company with proof of vaccination as a condition of their employment except for U.S. employees who request and qualify under applicable law for disability and religious accommodations from the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. An applicant who receives an offer of employment from the Company for a position as a U.S. employee will be required to provide proof of vaccination, or to request and receive a disability or religious accommodation that the applicant is entitled to under applicable law, before their first day of employment or any earlier or later deadline specified by the Company in the offer letter. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and provides employment opportunities and makes employment decisions without regards to an individual's disability or religion or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
All interested applicants must apply online. Curia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.