Kimley-Horn's Environmental Science team is actively seeking a motivated Junior Environmental Scientist to join the team in Phoenix, AZ.Responsibilities
- Recent Arizona and/or Southwest U.S. based experience with biological resources, NEPA documentation, Section 404 permitting, hazardous materials assessments, and associated field work
- Knowledge of Southwest U.S. flora and fauna
- Skilled in navigating by use of topographic map or aerial photography
- Previous environmental work experience with ADOT, MCDOT, City of Phoenix, etc.
- Technical writing skills including experience preparing Biological Evaluations/Assessments, Preliminary Jurisdictional Delineations, Section 404 Pre-Construction Notifications and Individual Permit applications, Preliminary Initial Site Assessments (PISA's), Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESA's), NEPA documentation including Categorical Exclusions and Environmental Assessments
- Familiarity with FHWA, ADOT, USFWS, AGFD, BLM, USFS, MCDOT and other federal, state and local rules and regulations pertaining to the environment
- Experience in a consulting firm or government agency
- GPS/GIS proficiency
- Ability to build relationships and network with partners in remote locations
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Kimley-Horn in the U.S. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H1-B or any other work visa petitions.
- BS or MS - relevant college majors include Biology, Environmental Science, or related majors
- 1+ years of relevant experience
- Desire to work in both an office environment and in the field
- Prior field experience
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines
- Detail-oriented team player with the ability to contribute to a positive work environment
- Strong technical writing and organizational skills
- Some travel may be required (approximately 10%)
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced work environment as well as the ability to manage and prioritize several assignments concurrently and meet deadlines
Share this job with a friend (https://careers-kimley-horn.icims.com/jobs/5677/environmental-scientist/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in_iframe=1&hashed=-1834442239)
Share on social media
Click here to view our internships and entry-level positions.
Create a profile (https://careers-kimley-horn.icims.com/connect?back=intro&in_iframe=1&hashed=-625973265) to stay informed of future opportunities that may be of interest to you.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesID
2022-5677 Location : Location
Bachelor's Degree Employee Type