Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Resilient Environments (RE) is looking for a Principal Consultant TCFD and ESG
to join the team and support the integration and delivery of climate resilience and reporting into built environment projects to create value through project outputs and performance.
The Wood RE business is an established industry leader in the delivery of projects for our clients that create resilience and address climate risks, and this position will have an integral role in supporting the RE climate resilience and ESG Practice.
Wood RE is a leading E&I consultant that provides climate resilience, ESG and TCFD support to global clients and across REs seven market sectors: Government, Industrial/Commercial, Energy, Mining, Transportation, Oil & Gas and Water. Alignment with TCFD, ESG and other climate risk frameworks is critical part of our business, and this role will assume a leadership position within Wood E&I to advance these frameworks for our clients within our consultancy.
As a Principal Consultant for TCFD and ESG, you will be part of the team that is applying platforms and solutions to integrate climate resilience and ESG into projects that deliver value and create outcomes that improve society/stakeholders, reduce risk, and can better access capital.
This role will report the Vice President for Climate Resilience & ESG and include supporting RE Sector, Marketing, and Operational teams to deliver solutions in the climate resilience, ESG, and climate risk financing areas. It will require the ability to work across the RE Environment & Infrastructure (E&I) sectors along with communication/application of resiliency implementation features to these teams and their project areas.This is a home-based position which include the ability to work across all time zones. Ideally this person will be based in North America with responsibilities globally.Key Responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications
- Leading Wood project teams to support clients with ESG and TCFD frameworks from strategy development to project integration and delivery
- Provide management consultancy leadership in the delivery of advisory projects related to climate risk, ESG and TCFD
- Support clients with entity-wide, asset-level, and supply/value chain climate risk, and resilience assessments
- Lead and support clients in the development, implementation and reporting to climate change impacts, climate resilience, ESG performance, TCFD and other related climate reporting frameworks
- Developing and maintaining data management systems and business intelligence tools
- Communication around ESG/corporate sustainability efforts with senior leadership, Board of Directors, and other key stakeholders, including our clients colleagues
- Supporting clients with external ESG/corporate sustainability reports and initiatives
- Experience performing materiality assessments, stakeholder mapping, examination of UN SDGs, formulation of ESG strategy, and alignment of long-term corporate and ESG
- Experience developing and implementing decarbonization roadmaps for clients
- Demonstrated business acumen, including the ability to build relationships within the business function, interpret financial indicators, develop and/or adopt innovative ideas, and apply knowledge of the business to advance the organizations goals
- Familiarity with established sustainability reporting standards or frameworks such as the GHG Protocol, Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), TCFD, CDP, and the International Integrated Reporting Council Integrated Reporting Framework, PRI and WEF-IBC.
- Performing research, stakeholder engagement, and analysis as part of materiality assessments and ESG risk and opportunity analyses
- Working with companies to determine on what basis to set their carbon reduction targets, including Net Zero and Science Based Targets Initiative (SBTI)
- Understanding product Life Cycle Analyses (LCAs) and their relevance to setting ESG strategies for clients
- Understanding/application of TNFD requirements is a plus
- Ability to lead workshops and training
- Ability to develop and implement action plans and tracking
- Ability to collaborate across technical and account teams
- Business development expertise preferably in sustainable infrastructure and support of Fortune 500 clients
- Support climate resilience and ESG technical and growth initiatives
- Expertise in environmental resilience, flood mitigation and green infrastructure
- Support research and identifying existing climate resilience and sustainability opportunities for on-going projects across RE sectors
- Bachelors degree with focus on Business Administration, Economics, Sustainability, Data Analytics, Environmental Services
- 15+ years related experience
- Demonstrated expertise working with climate resilience frameworks
- Ability to support program administration and management
- Proven expertise conducting workshops and meetings
- Support of global organizations that are advancing climate resilience, ESG and water/flood mitigation
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders in a variety of settings to understand and identify adaptation options
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the worlds most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.comDiversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.