Project Environmental Scientist
Req ID 4360Project Environmental ScientistWho We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. Were looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. Thats why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
Golder is now officially part of WSP, adding approximately 7,000 consultants and service providers across Canada, the United States, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe and Africa. Golders world class expertise within the Earth and Environmental sector and Mining industry will be added to WSPs platform, creating new opportunities for employees and clients. Together we become the leading global environmental consulting firm, with approximately 14,000 environmental experts.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.This Opportunity
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Project Environmental Scientist to join our Central Operations team in a Full-Time position at our Corpus Christi, TX office. Be involved in projects with our Earth & Environment Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our clients objectives and solves their challenges.Your Impact
Who You AreRequired Qualifications
- Ability to coordinate and manage field-based tasks such as multi-media sampling; soil boring and monitoring well installations; lithologic logging; and aquifer testing;
- Managing and interpreting field and analytical data from investigations;
- Interpreting hydrogeological information and developing conceptual site models (CSMs) for assessment and remediation projects;
- Writing work plans, feasibility studies, technical reports, proposals, and managing budgets;
- Coordinating with contractors (e.g., drillers and analytical laboratories) to support project-specific objectives;
- Communicating with the project and client directors, project managers, team members, and clients;
- Managing and mentoring junior staff and overseeing the preparation of their reports and calculations; and
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the office and staff.
- Comply with regulatory requirements pertaining to the data integrity, documentation, procedures, training, monitoring systems, reporting, and record compliance and retention.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations that explain research, findings, and recommendations to address, prevent, control, or restore environmental problems.
- Assist with development and scoping of medium-sized projects.
- Assist with overseeing and working with cross-functional teams in executing project work.
- Prepare and implement site Health and Safety Plans (HASPs).
- Interact with regulatory agencies, subcontractors, and clients in a confident and professional manner.
- Conduct research as appropriate and assist with proposal development.
- Work with cross-functional teams in executing project work.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSPs Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
- Bachelors Degree in Environmental Science, Geology, or a related life sciences field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience working as an environmental scientist and completing environmental surveys, fieldwork, habitat and impact assessments, and/or construction monitoring.
- Professional Geologist designation, or ability to obtain registration, if applicable, in the relevant jurisdiction(s).
- Ability to perform field and office-based tasks efficiently.
- Acute attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- An aptitude for using and understanding computer applications.
- Strong technical and communication skills.
- Works well in a team atmosphere.
- Knowledge of relevant environmental laws, regulations, compliance practices, and record-keeping requirements.
- Capable interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to a scientific and non-scientific audience.
- Effective self-leadership with attention to detail, results orientation, and managing multiple priorities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, follow instruction, work independently, and comply with company policies.
- Moderate proficiency with business writing, office automation and communication software, technology, and tools.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills required to reach conclusions from testing results, data collation, and identify the most effective manner to accomplish objectives of assigned projects.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSPs health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Masters Environmental Science, Geology or related field is preferred.
- Experience with implementation of assessment, investigation, remediation, and monitoring tasks related to environmental projects.
- Experience in consulting.
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER training.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: 20%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: CORPUS CHRISTI - FLYNN PKWY
- All locations: US-TX-Corpus Christi
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employees career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.