Senior Project Hydrogeologist
Req ID 4907Senior Project HydrogeologistWho We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. Were looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. Thats why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
We are a global leader in environmental consulting - made stronger with the recent acquisition of Golder - with world-class expertise in environmental, social and governance (ESG), climate resiliency & sustainability (CRS), and earth sciences. Combined we have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from across the globe.This Opportunity
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Senior Project Hydrogeologist
to join our Earth & Environment Team
serving primarily industrial clients/responsible parties for environmental investigations and remediation projects in the New Jersey / Pennsylvania
region. The position will be based from our New Jersey
offices in Mt. Laurel or Lawrenceville
, or from our Pennsylvania
offices in Bristol, Exton or Philadelphia
. This position requires a passion for geology/hydrogeology and groundwater investigations and remediation This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled professional looking to create and collaborate with regional experts within a leading global consulting company.Your Impact
Who You AreRequired Qualifications
- Perform qualitative and quantitative evaluations of the hydrogeologic system to support site investigations/assessments; Conceptual Site Models; feasibility studies; conceptual and detailed Remedial Designs; and remedial system performance evaluations and optimizations
- Assist in the analysis, evaluation, and interpretation of geologic, hydrogeologic, and chemical data obtained during field investigations and remedial action, offering input with developing action plans for further activities.
- Prepare and/or manage technical documents and reports related to investigation/remediation plans, testing, findings, and recommendations.
- Determine and oversee well-defined data collection methods for environmental media
- Routinely collaborate with cross-functional teams in executing project work and serve as a mentor to new staff in hydrogeology/groundwater consulting
- Maintain quality control standards and procedures for accurate and precise measurements, analysis, and reporting.
- Manage projects, proposals and/or tasks including budget estimation and monitoring, and schedule tracking
- Comply with safety guidelines and site-specific procedures which include but is not limited to, the maintenance of sample collection, trench and boring, laboratory documentation, written procedures, monitoring systems, and logbooks.
- Interact with regulatory agencies, subcontractors, and clients in a confident and professional manner.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSPs Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
- Bachelors degree in engineering
- 7 to 10 years of relevant experience in a consulting environment or other applicable roles
- Prepare effective charts/figures, graphs and other data visualizations Independent review and dissemination of technical research/papers and other technical developments
- Experience with PA and NJ and USEPA/federal regulatory programs
- Competence in the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal skills with strong writing and organizational skills, a positive attitude, and ability to work both independently and within groups
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to a scientific and non-scientific audience.
- Ability to work independently and provide guidance and leadership to junior team or project members, with strict adherence to QA/QC.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSPs health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Occasional travel required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Masters degree in environmental related program
- Professional license (e.g., PG)
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER and 8-hour refresher (as applicable) often required for site work#LI-BJ1
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: 25%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: MOUNT LAUREL - CENTURY PKWY
- All locations: US-NJ-Lawrenceville, US-NJ-Mount Laurel, US-PA-Bristol, US-PA-Exton, US-PA-Philadelphia
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employees career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.