Welcome to the Post Pollution Future with LanzaTech
A post-pollution world is inevitable, and people will either be part of it, or the planet will go on without us. At LanzaTech, our technology platform is transforming waste carbon into everyday products, to meet the needs of this moment. Our science is state-of-the-art, but the idea is simple. We use nature to heal nature. We capture carbon emissions which are then fed into bioreactors where trillions of carbon-hungry microbes go to work. These tiny dynamos consume the waste gases and produce valuable raw material commodities. Pure enough to be resold, repurposed, and recycled again from sustainable jet fuel to beverage bottles, to yoga pants.
Founded in New Zealand, we are a global women-led company with an international footprint and a diverse employee population. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion are a key part of our mission and core values which we show through our hiring, our leadership, our efforts to educate internally and willingness to learn.
In addition, we have announced our plan to merge with AMCI Acquisition Corp. II and expect to become a publicly traded company on Nasdaq. Come join the team as we strive to make a Post Pollution Future!
- Exciting collaborations with LanzaTech (LT) CarbonSmartTM Products:
- 2022 Coty, Inc. LT recycled carbon ethanol to be used in majority of fragrance portfolio by 2023
- 2021 ZARA cutting edge, high fashion black dresses made from LT recycled carbon
- 2021 lululemon yoga pants & running shorts made from LT Recycled carbon
- 2021 LOral partnership to make packaging with LT recycled carbon
- 2021 Biofuels Digest #1 Hottest Company in Renewable Fuels, Chemicals & Biomaterials
- 2020 Biofuels Digest #3 Best Company to work for in the Advanced Bioeconomy
- 2020 Fast Company World Changing Company
- 2020 CNBC #43 on Top 50 Disrupter Companies list
Interested in learning more? Visit us at www.LanzaTech.com and download/stream our latest CarbonSmartTM Podcast on Apple (https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/carbonsmart/id1560227716) , Google (https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9jYXJib25zbWFydC5saWJzeW4uY29tL3Jzcw) , Spotify (https://open.spotify.com/show/0SqUIbFgDGLdIPdxNGrD9a) or wherever you receive your podcasts!
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. LanzaTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
About the Role
The leading gas fermenting company in the biofuel and biochemical field, LanzaTech operates reactors at all scales, from the laboratory to commercial plants. LanzaTech has one of the largest dedicated gas fermentation R&D facilities in the world, and has pioneered bioengineering of our microbial biocatalyst in a first-of-kind anaerobic biofoundry platform. The Synthetic Biology team collaborates with research teams across the organization to develop, engineer and optimize our proprietary microbes through the application of state-of-the-art genetic tools and our deep understanding of biochemistry, microbial metabolism, and metabolic engineering.
We are seeking multiple Research Associates for entry-level positions to support metabolic and genomic engineering while characterizing LanzaTechs proprietary gas fermenting microbes. This role will support Senior Scientists on the Synthetic Biology team, conducting laboratory-based project work as well as towards improving workflows to benefit all Synthetic Biology team members. Types of activities include plasmid construction, bacterial transformation and culturing, confirmation of clones, product screening, genetic parts characterization, curating strain and plasmid repositories, preparing buffer and media, stocking consumables, authoring training and protocol documents, etc.
- Design, cloning and assembly of multi-fragment DNA constructs for heterologous pathway expression
- Genetic modification and selection of LanzaTech proprietary microbes
- High-throughput cultivation and screening of LanzaTech proprietary microbes
- Analysis of data and interpretation of results against model predictions
- Use of computational tools and databases
- Learn established workflows and implement improvements
- Support organization of training, protocol, and other document development
- Assist in general lab chores such as solution prep, cleaning, organization, etc.
- Maintain a laboratory notebook, track and QC data in LIMS system as required
- Attend seminars and participate in group and project meetings and lab activities
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. (or equivalent) in Synthetic Biology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemical Engineering, or a related field. Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of programs including excel.
- Strong organizational, time management, record keeping, and prioritization skills
- Independent, hard-working, and highly self-motivated
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Desire to work in a team and assist other team members
- Awareness of safety issues in the work environment
- Previous hands-on experience with basic molecular and/or microbiology techniques
- Experience with gas fermentation
- Experience in biotech industry
- Experience with metabolic engineering
- Experience different cloning methods such as Gibson or Golden Gate assembly and genetic tools such as CRISPR and homologous recombination
- Experience working with genetic and metabolic pathway databases and DNA design software
- Experience working with anaerobic microbes
- Experience working with automated liquid handler
- Strong computer literacy, including Office, SharePoint; Experience in scripting and working with large datasets is preferred
- Ability to conduct research independently and manage multiple tasks in parallel
Powered by JazzHR