Environmental Health Specialist
- North Chicago, Illinois, US
- Closing date
- May 30, 2022
- Consultancy/Private Sector
- Conservation science
- Salary Type
- Employment Type
- Full time
Responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of specific environmental, health and safety (EHS) programs as assigned to ensure regulatory and internal compliance, reduce risk to the operations and employees, and minimize AbbVie's liability. As related to the EHS programs assigned, the position will assess risk and will create programs, policies, procedures, assessments, and training materials as appropriate.
- Manage construction safety program including safety orientation, safety inspections, safety reports, safety investigations, fleet safety and warehouse safety.
- Align and integrate the EHS strategy with the supporting organization's mission, goals, and strategies.
- Monitor regulatory requirements/trends, conduct impact analyses, and implement programs to ensure compliance with both regulatory and internal standards.
- Monitor EHS trends and develop recommendations for input into the EHS LRP
- Develop and conduct training course material to meet the needs of the learner or business.
- Make timely decisions which reflect a consideration of facts and data at hand. Use persuasive techniques to influence others without reliance on formal authority, define the needs of various parties, and negotiate agreements acceptable to all parties.
- Actively identify and promote process improvements or new processes that strengthen the EHS function and the overall organization and minimizes/eliminates risk.
- Assess and quantify EHS risks and their consequences and implement appropriate actions.
- Communicate compliance status, key performance Indicators, trends, priority issues and business impact to key stakeholders.
- Conduct incident investigations, identify root causes, and implement improvement/action plans to prevent similar incidents from occurring.
- Lead and/or participate on cross functional teams to represent EHS objectives related to the subject matter and meet the team's overall objectives and deliverables.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert