Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Field Technician to join our team in San Diego, CA. The qualitied candidate will work under general supervision to provide support to environmental projects including utility survey and condition assessment services. This is a full time field position and the successful candidates will primarily work at military installations in and around San Diego, CA.
The successful candidates may perform the following services in the field:
- Conduct inspection and condition assessment of stormwater and sanitary sewer collection system (manholes, inlets, channels, culverts, pipes, etc.)
- Perform location, mapping, and GPS survey of stormwater and sanitary sewer utility infrastructure, including measurement of dimensions, depths, invert elevations, slopes, and other attributes.
- Operate GPS equipment, locating equipment (rod & sonde, ground penetrating radar, electromagnetic, etc.). Maintain field equipment in a clean and secure manner. Load and unload field equipment and supplies to and from the truck.
- Collect wastewater and stormwater quality samples, process them for delivery to analytical lab, and assess pollution problem.
- Conduct investigations and surveys in the field to identify illicit connections to the stormwater or sanitary sewer collection system as well as collect data for engineering personnel.
- Perform basic calculations and computer data entry. Prepare and maintain necessary field reports and records as necessary.
- Assist and observe contractor work on short and long term maintenance projects and interact with client, contractor, or subcontractor representatives accordingly.
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to use equipment and drive large pick-up truck.
- Ability to understand procedural manuals and follow directions.
- Attention to details and ability to prepare reports and documentation.
- Previous experience with utility (potable water, sanitary sewer, stormwater) location, survey, and assessment is preferred.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the worlds most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Published Position Title: Field Technician - Environmental
Requisition ID: 2022-105509
Name: Staff / Permanent
External Company Name: Wood Plc
External Company URL: http://www.woodplc.com/