WOMB Group is an Executive Search Boutique based in Miami, Florida.
Our goal is to help our clients find the talents they need to tear down barriers and breakthrough to the next level. We will find the best fit for both our clients and our candidates.
Our client is an institutional-grade financial services network that connects companies, organizations, and investors to the global markets ecosystem through a unique blend of digital platforms, end-to-end clearing and execution services, high-touch service, and deep expertise. They deliver this access with support throughout the entire lifecycle of a trade - from consulting to best execution to post-trade clearing, custody, and settlement. ABOUT THIS ROLE
You will join a growing carbon origination and advisory services team where your core focus will be to contribute to various technical and advisory projects across the client and project portfolio. You will play a key role in helping customers throughout the Globe evaluate their carbon risks & opportunities and develop carbon projects that may produce emission reductions and carbon assets supporting their sustainable development and decarbonization strategies. This work will cover a broad spectrum of activities ranging from assessing projects' feasibility, supporting project development, and developing decarbonization strategies, to developing and presenting project proposals. You will be supporting both prospective and existing clients and partners from both a technical and business development perspective. In addition, you will take on significant responsibility for managing your projects within a supportive and collaborative team environment.
The ideal candidate will feel at home both at the office and in the woods. This is an excellent opportunity for a technically skilled career professional seeking a dynamic position in the center of the carbon market.WHAT YOU'LL DO
WHAT WE SEEK FROM YOU
- Advise clients on, and lead multi-disciplinary teams in the design and implementation of carbon mitigation and removal projects.
- Assess projects' technical and financial feasibility in both voluntary and compliance markets.
- Develop project and baseline estimations for optimizing credit generation.
- Perform and/or supervise the development of GHG inventories/carbon footprints.
- Lead project development in several sectors (agriculture, energy and energy efficiency, biofuels and biomass, waste management, transportation, and forestry, among others).
- Respond to customer, verifier, registry, and government regulator findings/questions.
- Ensure product quality, maintain project timelines and meet strict deadlines.
- Manage independent consultants and independent parties.
- Travel when necessary to project sites and/or conferences.
- Articulate value proposition to potential clients.
- Support contracting of new projects and new business opportunities in the ecosystem services space.
- In a secondary role, support the carbon desk with transactional aspects of the projects.
This position is best suited to a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic, proven technical abilities, clear communication skills, and a high level of technical writing proficiency. The ability to take the initiative and work independently and work in a team environment are both highly valued. Candidates should also be able to demonstrate:
- At least 10 years of professional experience, being 5+ years' experience in carbon markets.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing client relationships with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Ability to communicate complicated regulatory programs to customers.
- Degree in engineering, earth sciences, or another applicable scientific discipline.
- Expertise in project management and demonstrated ability to manage subcontractors and coordinate among various stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge of carbon policy, carbon methodologies, and protocols, and carbon accounting standards.
- Knowledge of carbon brokerage and trading is desired.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish.