is seeking an Environmental Sampling Technician to be based in Sacramento, CA that is highly motivated, resourceful, results-oriented, and decisive. Imagine working on rewarding projects and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.At AECOM, were delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether its improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. Were one global team 47,000 strong driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
About AECOMs Environment Business Line
- Coordinate with task and project managers, with on-site subcontractors and field staff, support sampling, data collection, and field documentation.
- Perform soil, sediment, vapor, surface water and groundwater sampling, and monitoring well gauging
- Collect soil, water, and vapor samples using approved sampling plans and industry accepted methods. Document work with detailed field notes.
- Perform operations and maintenance (O&M) of environmental remediation systems
- Operation of field instrumentation
- Oversee work and safety of contractors.
- Perform construction oversight
- Perform work both within large field teams or independently
- Ability to maintain sample chain of custody and ship samples, as required
- Collect and tabulate scientific data
- Complete daily field reports documenting sampling, monitoring, O&M, and construction management activities
- Perform Site Safety Officer duties
- Perform other duties as assigned
Join AECOM to be part of an expert global team who is connected through a well-developed, worldwide, internal technical practice network through which you can learn from and brainstorm with the best in the world. AECOM is an industry-leading, world class environmental firm, and we want you to succeed within it. We respect and encourage your own pathway to excellence via our Freedom to Grow initiative.
AECOM is known for our award-winning technical excellence, leading-edge science and innovative project delivery. We provide sustainable solutions for some of the worlds most challenging issues. Our global clients and their projects are diverse and interesting. They span market sectors and geographies and require innovative technical solutions to solve wide-ranging environmental problems within diverse community profiles.
AECOMs Sustainable Legacies program describes our approach to the environment, social equity and governance (ESG.) We embed sustainability throughout our business and help clients embed sustainable practices into their work. We help clients reduce their impact on the environment, achieve compliance and reduce risks.About AECOMs Remediation, Restoration and Redevelopment Practice
AECOM delivers innovative and often complex solutions to meet our clients objectives. Because we address many different impacted sites from munitions to PFAS to algae blooms and beyond every project in our global practice is different. Thats exciting, especially because our worldwide internal technical practice network connects us in real time to explore best practices from experts near and far. We offer full life-cycle solutions for projects from due diligence through restoration and redevelopment to outreach programs that engage stakeholders and generate goodwill in the community. Our experts integrate scientific and engineering knowledge with responsive and cost-effective project management, strong communication skills, and an understanding of regulatory strategies and challenges. AECOM has the depth and breadth of resources to address significant remedial site challenges, and we support the development of our technical staff to be their best via professional mentorship and development. AECOM provides a stringent internal project manager certificate program to help you succeed in that career path. Learn more about our Remediation, Restoration and Redevelopment services. Minimum Requirements
- 2+ years professional experience
- Current OSHA HAZWOPER 40 Certification
- Ability to travel and work remotely as required
- Valid Driver's license
- Experience with Industrial and Oil & Gas clients
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and background
- Self-motivated, able to follow through with challenging field and office assignments
- Experience with pneumatic and electric submersible pumps, basics of electric control panels, and conveyance piping
- Ability to operate various hand tools and lifting equipment up to 50 lbs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organizational skills; time management skills; flexibility to work on a multitude of diverse project tasks; an eagerness to acquire new skills and meet new challenges
- Ability to manage subcontractors
- Ability to work well in a project team and a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail on field notes and data quality
- Excellent attention to Health and Safety
- OSHA Construction 10 or 30 Hour
- Experience working on active industrial and petroleum facilities preferred
- Experience working with and maintaining groundwater and soil vapor extraction remediation systems
- Transportation Worker Identification Card
What We Offer
- Due to the nature of this role, US citizenship is required.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether youre working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and lets get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each persons potential, and well help you reach yours.Job Category
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Full TimeRequisition/Vacancy No.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.