ARE YOU CUT OUT FOR AIM GLOBAL?
We have continued to prosper for the last eight decades through our employees' strength and our clients' trust, thus establishing our international presence and diversifying our expertise. Take your place at AIM Recycling, an integrated chain comprised of five divisions who work in collaboration to revalorize resources such as metals, construction waste, end-of-life vehicles and urban areas. We invest in our installations and employees to ensure a better future for all.
Are you a self-starter with the ability to learn new processes and concepts quickly? The successful candidate posses the ability to provide excellent customer service to client groups while working in a fast-paced environment and balancing competing demands. It's simple; we do it right. We AIM for excellence.
Based in Phoenix and reporting to the Director of Health and Safety, the Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Specialist will be responsible for driving sustainable implementation and oversight of health, safety and environmental requirements in AIM operations. As company growth continues, it is anticipated that the scope of this role will be expanded to include regional HSE support responsibilities for additional facilities.
Our ideal candidate will be a driven individual with high attention to detail and organization, and a positive "can-do" attitude.Responsibilities:
- Support the development and implementation of HSE programs and action plans to ensure safe work procedures and sustainable operations
- Provide necessary training, leadership, organization and control to meet the company's HSE performance goals
- Assist in integrating AIM's HSE management systems (e.g. ISO 14001) into ongoing operations
- Oversee programs for periodic inspections, documentation and response to corrective actions for workplace occupational health and safety, and environmental requirements
- Ensure all equipment and buildings owned or operated by the company comply with safety and fire regulations and any other Federal, Provincial/State and local regulations
- Assist in conducting incident investigations as necessary, including coaching and support for root cause analysis and tracking corrective actions to completion
- Coordinate procedures for pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental management, conservation of resources and renewal energy
- Promote and raise awareness of the impact of emerging environmental issues, whether legislated or best practices, on corporate, ethical and social responsibility
- Keep up to date with changes in occupational health and safety, and environmental legislation and best practice initiatives
- Additional projects and duties as assigned by management
The ideal candidate must have:
- A degree or certificate in occupational health and safety, environmental management or related field, or previous industry experience in a HSE role (minimum 3-5 years)
- Progress toward or completion of professional certification(s) in environmental, health and safety highly desired (e.g. ASP/CSP, CIH, CHMM)
- Experience in developing and implementing health, safety and environmental programs and monitoring performance
- Operational understanding of key elements of ISO management system standards (ISO 14001)
- Understand and have working knowledge of relevant Federal, Provincial/State and local health, safety and environmental rules and regulations
- Direct experience assessing training needs, creating training materials to fulfill those needs, and then delivering the training
- Experience in investigating health, safety and environmental incidents; provide reporting and recommend/follow action(s) to completion
- A valid driver's license and good driving record is necessary for this role
- Excellent time management and workload prioritization skills
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Effective leadership skills required
- A hands-on contributor with a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment
- Ability to deal with sensitive topics in a tactful, diplomatic and professional matter at all times.
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel; as well as Teams, Zoom and other collaboration tools
- Proactive self-starter with an 'owner's mindset'
- Strong analytical, negotiation and creative problem-solving skills
- Motivated, methodical, and optimistic
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Health, Dental and Supplemental Benefits
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
American Iron & Metal and its subsidiaries offer equal employment opportunities to everyone. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.