MP Materials (NYSE: MP) is on a mission to restore the full rare earth supply chain to the United States of America. From electric cars to wind turbines and drones, rare earths are essential to the low-carbon, electrified technologies that power modern life. We hire ambitious, mission-driven people motivated to solve problems and affect change. Our values are grounded in teamwork, resiliency, and integrity, with an enduring commitment to our employees, community, and the environment. In the coming years, MP Materials will grow from a core materials and chemical processing company into a large industrial manufacturer. Our employees will lead this exciting transformation and grow professionally with us.
Assist leadership with technical expertise in planning, development, implementation, and continuous improvement of environmental programs. Leads day to day environmental programs and compliance related activities. Provides oversight of environmental management systems including (EMS), air permit compliance, wastewater compliance, hazardous waste materials management, water and energy management, stormwater management, and other related environmental programs and compliance related activities necessary to ensure adherence with all federal, state, and local regulations. Supports development and implementation of Safety and Health Program systems and initiatives as assigned to ensure a safe place of work for all. Under close supervision, assists in providing technical support and guidance for environmental projects and programs at assigned site.Essential Duties:
- Monitors environmental and emission monitoring instruments and testing equipment. Analyzes data for compliance with regulatory requirements
- Evaluates and assesses environmental risk and develops programs for risk reduction
- Collaborates in recommending appropriate action to management in compliance with regulations
- Reviews and/or Prepares and maintains detailed records and files of environmental data and communications
- Evaluates and administers contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment
- Maintains basic working knowledge of national, regional, and local environmental, occupational health, and other applicable regulations. Maintains knowledge of site environmental policies and procedures
- May provide leadership to less experienced engineers and technicians
- May serve as Project Manager or technical expert on small to medium-sized environmental projects (e.g., compliance, remediation, or reclamation)
- Leads or participates in regular audits and inspections of operations areas for purposes of ensuring compliance with site environmental policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Coordinates the timely recycling and disposition of materials and other company assets in compliance with applicable legal and other requirements
- Tracks and reports the recycling and disposition of materials and other company assets as directed
- Supports the direction of the EHS leadership and implements policies and procedures
- Conducts facility environmental assessments to identify hazards/risks and evaluate program effectiveness. Oversees and tracks implementation of corrective actions to mitigate environmental risks.
- Provides first-aid medical support when first aid clinic staff and Safety personnel are not readily available.
- Develops and conducts Environmental related communication and training programs to inform facility employees on environmental management and compliance principles, practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Prepares and submits compliance/regulatory environmental reports and manages regulatory documentation.
- Leads environmental programs to ensure regulatory compliance with various media including large quantity generator hazardous waste, non-hazardous waste, air emissions, greenhouse gas, water, wastewater, stormwater, spill prevention countermeasures and controls, recycling, and reuse initiatives.
- Participates in the development of guidelines, SOPs, procedures, and policies.
- Leads promotion of recycling, waste minimization, substitution of hazardous chemicals, and water and energy conservation.
- Plans, organizes, and executes EHS outreach events.
- Supports ‘weekend on-call' rotation with other EHS team members.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental, Health and Safety or related discipline preferred.
- 5+ years' experience in environmental, health, and safety or related field.
- Assist in the management of the company's waste barrel management program by ensuring proper protocols and procedures are being followed. Suggest and implement changes based on continuous monitoring of industry practice changes, legislation, and staying apprised of vendor service capabilities.
- Requires broad environmental compliance knowledge to concisely address environmental compliance concerns that arise from state agency inquiries and inspections, questions from consultant's internal department disciplines. Understand the need for accuracy and completeness to ensure prompt resolution.
- Maintain close partnership with the environmental testing vendors to ensure that all testing and inspections are being performed by test anniversary dates to ensure compliance.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with Federal, State, and local environmental laws and regulations (CAA, CWA, RCRA), environmental auditing, regulatory reporting.
- Air permit program management experience.
- Computer skill requirements include basic MS PowerPoint, intermediate MS Word, and MS Access.
- Skilled in defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Skilled in interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and dealing with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Skilled in performing work that is varied and may be somewhat difficult in character, usually involving limited responsibility, requiring frequent evaluation, originality, or ingenuity. Multi-tasks, develops solutions to complex problems, manages competing accountabilities and project priorities to meet deliverable timelines.
- Skilled in reprioritizing work when encountering unscheduled or unplanned events.
- Possesses effective project management and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills.
- Skilled in effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Must be able to adapt quickly to changing scenarios.
- Project Management experience
- Ability to work independently, but a strong effective team player mentality is a must.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong communication skills, mechanical aptitude, and safety focus
MP Materials is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer - EEO is The Law
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Underrepresented groups/Women/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply. Candidates whose disabilities make them unable to meet the position's requirements will still be considered qualified if they can perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation.
Your Right To Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment verification document form upon hire.
For Assistance with Application - Alternative methods of applying for employment are available to individuals unable to submit an application through this site because of a disability. Contact Human Resources Department at 702-625-5679; 6720 Via Austi Parkway, Suite 450, Las Vegas, NV 89119 to discuss reasonable accommodations.