Leslie's Pool Supplies is the "World's Largest Retailer of Swimming Pool Supplies." With over 900 retail stores in 35 states plus Commercial, Service, E-Commerce, and Distribution divisions, there are many career opportunities here at Leslie's. With over 50 years of providing best in class products and solutions to our customers, there is nothing that we value more than the development and growth of our team. We strive to create a positive and fun atmosphere where our Team Members feel valued and are enthusiastic about the contributions they make to the success of Leslie's.We offer our team
competitive compensation, extensive paid training, comprehensive and flexible suite of benefits package, 401K with company match, team member discounts, rewards for top performers, and most importantly career advancement opportunities.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our associates and their families, our partners, our communities and our customers. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment
. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodation consistent with our policy, and where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship to the company pursuant to applicable law.About the Opportunity
Provides global leadership and direction to drive a corporate wide environmental, health and safety program that protects people, property, and the environment where the company operates. Acts as a member of the Global Manufacturing Operations management team providing responsible care in meeting or exceeding health, safety, and environmental standards for multiple manufacturing sites and corporate locations.
Provides leadership of EH&S programs in the following key areas:
Education and Experience Required:
- Acts as a Corporate HSE subject matter expert for domestic and international regulatory compliance agencies.
- Develops HSE strategy and vision and implements core values.
- Partners with site leaders and management to drive first-class HSE programs, processes, and GMP within the organization.
- Drives HSE performance through metrics to include Key Performance Indicators for all sites.
- Manages Global HSE team member performances through an established skills development program.
- Develops and maintains HSE Policies/Procedures according to globally positioned locations and governing regulatory compliance agencies.
- Develops and implements employee HSE training programs to ensure local compliance per region.
- Primary focal point for Business Continuity Plans relative to health, safety, and environmental impacts.
- Chairs or facilitates Corporate HSE Steering & Safety Committees.
- Accountable for establishing and executing an HSE Audit program
- Manages overall Corporate HSE budget to minimize costs and reduce risk.
- Tracks other key safety and environmental performance indicators such as near misses, first aid injuries, recordable injuries, recycling activities, and waste disposal.
- Oversees environmental activities to include waste minimization and recycling efforts, solid and hazardous waste disposal, and medical waste management.
- Oversees company environmental permits and licenses.
- Conducts routine periodic inspections in all functional areas and recommend corrective /preventive actions for risk and hazard reduction.
- Identifies and manages process safety improvements and ergonomic assessments.
- Develops and drives HSE Scorecards per location.
- Oversees Workers Compensation case management procedures.
- Oversees Contractor Safety Management Plans and Site Emergency Action Plans.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety or other relevant disciple; Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience in Environmental, Health and Safety, including strong experience with environmental compliance within manufacturing environments.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing process as well as the associated environmental, health and safety risks, as well as hazardous material characteristics and protective measures, techniques, practices, tools, equipment modifications, process controls, technologies and management systems available to minimize these risks.
- Familiarity with environmental, health and safety management and legal systems used at the state & federal level to regulate these risks and to enforce existing laws including the Clean Water Act and Clean Air Act.
- Experience performing environmental inspections, ensuring environmental compliance, and leading environmental compliance training.
- Strong communication skills, including effective written, oral and presentation skills necessary to effectively convey information to and/or influence a wide range of audiences, including all levels within the company as well as third parties (government & regulatory officials, consultants, attorneys, etc.)
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills and ability to serve as an internal consultant/advisor to the business unit leadership.
- Knowledge of audit and due diligence techniques.
- Ability to exercise principled judgment and sound rationale to make critical decisions.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple, competing projects and priorities.
- Ability to travel 25-30%
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment
Leslie's is committed to developing and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion within our company and the communities we serve. A key aspect of building a great team is valuing ideas from many viewpoints, which is why we place a priority on identifying and hiring talented individuals from all backgrounds and perspectives.