Laboratory Leadership positions include but are not limited to:
Laboratory Leadership Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Lead team, schedule, and train employees
· Ensure adherence to highest quality and efficiency standards in laboratory operations
· Ensure coverage and performance
· Foster morale and teamwork
· Supervises multiple personnel of varying levels.
· Responsible for upholding and enforcing Company policies, including but not limited to, Quality, Safety, Standard Operating Procedures, Ethics, and Harassment.
· Expected to champion Health & Safety and assume ownership for the safety of those employees within her/his responsibility.
· Manages the laboratory to provide positive operating margin and meet annual budgetary goals.
· Builds and maintains positive customer relationships and sales growth through direct interaction with customers and TestAmerica sales personnel.
· Establishes and maintains an active and positive safety culture and ensures that the Employee Health and Safety procedures are implemented and followed to maintain facility operations that are compliant with appropriate policies and regulations.
· Reviews and approves Quality Assurance SOPs for the facility and ensures their implementation so that the facility is operated in a compliant manner which allows it to produce defensible data.
· Prioritizes the activities of the operations groups to ensure key goals are achieved and customer service needs are addressed.
· Provides periodic reports to VPO to ensure that goals and objectives are being achieved and to recognize opportunities for development.
· Works with Project Managers and the MPM to ensure the accurate forecast of receipts, provide quality analytical data to clients and meet on- time delivery dates.
· Communicates facility-specific goals and objectives to employees. Communicates and implements company initiatives designed to foster teamwork and communication.
· Fulfills supervisory responsibilities with direct reports to achieve strong staff performance. Mentors key employees.
· Evaluates and maintains appropriate staffing levels to support operational needs and budgetary requirements.
· Supports the Human Resources function to ensure that all policies and programs are applied consistently throughout the laboratory.
· Works with the IT Group to ensure that the facility has appropriate Information Technology resources and that they are being used effectively to support operational requirements.
· Actively participates in the process of sharing and adopting best practices within TestAmerica. Provides technical assistance to other TestAmerica laboratories as needed to improve productivity and customer service
· Approves of all laboratory purchases including capital spending approvals to support the business plan and maintain profitability.
· Maintaining lab metrics scores for Quality and client experience at 90% or greater.
· Participates in the creation of annual budget: forecast of revenue, determination of manpower, CAPEX.
· Provides yearly performance reviews to all reporting personnel and ensures that the laboratory meet deadlines for submittal of reviews for all employees.