Frontier Medicines is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Research Associate/Senior Research Associate in the Chemical Biology team. The successful candidate is expected to have an excellent working knowledge of cell biology and high-throughput screening techniques. This position requires working as part of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced drug-hunting environment.
Frontier Medicines offers a dynamic environment with the opportunity to impact lives of patients while conducting cutting-edge science. There are short communication lines across the company, and we encourage and support the professional development of our team members.Requirements
What are we looking for?
- Cell culture for plate-based screening including drug-treatment and viability assessment
- Assist with creation of cell lines containing mutant or tagged forms of proteins on various promoters (e.g. native and dox-inducible)
- Assist with QC of internal cell line bank (STR, mycoplasma testing, passage number etc.)
- Maintain a clear, detailed electronic laboratory notebook to document all experiments and findings
- BS or MS in a biological science (molecular biology, cellular biology or related discipline).
- Mammalian cell culture experience and associated technologies in a plate-based format
- Experience with cellular and biochemical techniques such as luciferase assays, western blotting, and immunofluorescence.
- Experience with automation and liquid handling devices e.g. Echo, MultiFlo
- Excellent communication, organization, and technical writing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to learn new skills.
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Incorporation of heavy metabolites and amino acids for pulse-chase type investigations and use of other custom cell-media formulations
- Experience with patient derived cells, IPSCs, and 3D organoids a plus.
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated track record of accomplishments via presentations or publications in biology.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Free Food & Snacks
- Wellness Resources
- Stock Option Plan