Company DescriptionVeolia group
aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 179,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources, and replenish them. In 2020, the Veolia group supplied 95 million people with drinking water and 62 million people with wastewater service, produced nearly 43 million megawatt hours of energy and treated 47 million metric tons of waste.Job Description
- Manages division level implementation of all environmental policies, programs, and systems (e.g., stormwater management/sewer use, tank management, special waste, non-OES, environmental monitoring).
- Manages division level implementation of all health, safety, and transportation policies, programs, and systems (e.g., hazard communication, emergency response, lock/tagout, confined space, medical program, driver qualifications, vehicle condition reports, random drug testing, industrial hygiene, PPE, PSM).
- Provide information to all other division and company program managers to assist them in meeting the regulatory, permit conditions, for their areas of responsibility and to ensure the appropriate management systems are developed and implemented to ensure total compliance with all regulatory and permit conditions.
- Assists supervisors in review of accidents to determine root causes and determinations of appropriate corrective and preventive actions, and track accident trends.
- Maintains liaison with regulatory agencies and prepares formal responses to draft permits, NOD's, NOV's and other agency requests for information in coordination with regional, corporate, staff, operations, and general manager.
- Review and provide a summary of all pending regulations to management staff prior to the effective dates. Prepare and initiate implementation plans for new regulations.
- Direct administrative actions such as; 1) recruiting and performance appraisals for direct reports, 2) affirmative action plan consistent with company policy and governmental regulations, 3) prepare and execute budgeting for permit, compliance, monitoring, and all other environmental responsibilities, 4) review and approve all capital and consumable expenditures for areas of responsibility.
- Established and ensures implementation of a system for maintaining required facility documentation, permits and plans.
- Manages the resolution of compliance issues. Directs operation of the Compliance Action Reports System (CARS). Assures the accuracy and quality of information reported if CARS.
- Communicates potential non-compliance issues or practices to appropriate manager at the division, and as needed, to the Region/Corporate EMD. Sets up and tracks issues to resolution on a timely basis.
- Directs the operation of the Compliance Management System (CMS) tasks to appropriate staff.
- Reviews all routine and non-routine projects to ensure engineering and operations consistency with all applicable permits, conditions.
- Reviews equipment process, and equipment process modifications for safety and regulatory compliance.
- Direct, develop, train, and maintain Standard Division Practices, as appropriate with other division managers and departments.
- Implement the Central Records Management Systems to demonstrate permit and monitoring compliant for review by ONYX and regulatory agencies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Science or a related technical discipline.
- 7 to 15 years of experience in the environmental regulatory or compliance field, with specific experience in hazardous waste treatment, storage and disposal.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER Certification
- A valid driver's license
- Strong to expert knowledge of the Resource Recovery and Conservation Act (RCRA). Working knowledge of other federal and state-equivalent environmental regulations, such as, but not limited to Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), Clean Water Act (CWA), and Clean Air Act (CAA).
- Must possess strong communication skills and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with employees, peers, management and external contacts.
- Requires ability to manage time and resources efficiently. Incumbent must effectively exercise organizational and supervisory/leadership skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.