Research Associate - Spatial Transcriptomics Molecular Biology and Product DevelopmentAbout The Role
We are looking for an outstanding individual to join the 10x Genomics Product Development Team as a Research Associate. The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of executing complex molecular biology protocols and high throughput assays. You should be driven by making great products and enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative and truly multi-disciplinary environment. You will interact closely with colleagues in computational biology, software, chemistry and microfluidics, and apply your skills and knowledge to optimize and evaluate new assays in the area of spatial transcriptomics.What You Will Be Doing
- Execution of experiments for the development of novel spatial assay schemes including molecular barcoding, nucleic acid amplification, and NGS library preparation
- Support and perform systematic workflow and reagent optimization by modeling, identification of critical factors and use of formal design of experiment (DOE) approaches
- Work closely with other Scientists to interpret data generated by novel and optimized assay schemes
- Maintain accurate records through diligent experimental observations and data tracking
- Clearly communicate and present results
- BS/MS in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, or a related field and 2+ years of full time, hands-on molecular biology experience in an academic or industrial setting
- Strong laboratory techniques with high attention to accurate pipetting and multichannel pipetting skills
- Hands-on experience performing complex multi-step experiments with detailed and diligent attention to planning, organization, hands-on technique, and record keeping
- Proven track-record of successfully executing high-throughput assays
- Proficient in standard molecular biology techniques, which may include sample preparation, nucleic acid purification (RNA/DNA), and NGS and/or DNA sequencing
- Hands-on experience with PCR and/or qPCR
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, which requires real-time communication, flexibility, working well with others, and a willingness to learn new techniques and methods
About 10x Genomics
- Familiarity with microscopy skills, including immunofluorescence and immunohistochemistry
- Experience with next generation sequencing library preparation workflows
- Experience with tissue culture
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.