A.I.S., Inc. (AIS) is a national scientific services firm supporting maritime activities requiring certification of compliance with environmental regulations as well as collecting data for use by Federal, State, Municipal, and other government agencies along the US coastline. AIS is recruiting a Client Representative to deploy on a vessel conducting a three-week survey conducting benthic grabs and ROV work.
The client representative will be responsible for overseeing operations, documenting survey equipment calibrations, providing daily summaries of survey activities, and ensuring all HSE protocols are followed. The Client Representative will also be responsible for understanding the project Scope of Work and Project Execution Plan to be able to accurately report back daily to Client and confirm that proper protocols are being followed and ensure that the data being collected is of highest quality. Client representative will attend all onboard meetings and handoff meetings between survey watch teams. The project is anticipated to begin approximately March 15th, 2022, and last approximately three weeks with an anticipated 12 hours of work per day.
* Act as representative for project Client onboard survey vessel.
* Attend all project meetings during course of 12-hour shift including daily handoff meetings between survey watch teams.
* Complete daily activity and progress reports to submit to Client.
* Review data collected by survey team and QA/QC.
* Participate and follow up on all HSE matters to improve and ensure safety during survey.
* Ensure operations conducted by survey team, fisheries liaisons, PSO team, and vessel crew are being executed per the plan.
* Provide documentation of activities in an organized manner
Compensation: Competitive pay based on experience and some travel expenses to and from the staging location will be reimbursed. This is a fulltime temporary position. Meals and lodging provided on vessel.
* Bachelors degree in the biological sciences
* 3-7 years of experience with QA/QC on offshore survey vessels.
* Must be certified by a physician as fit for sea duty including:
* Not be susceptible to chronic motion sickness
* Ability to live in confined quarters
* Ability to tolerate stress
* Ability to lift objects up to 30 pounds
* Ability to vigilantly monitor waters surrounding observation platform/vessel for up to 4 hours at a time and not more than 12 hours in a 24-hour period.
* Must not be affiliated with any group that may impair the objectivity or the appearance of objectivity.
* Must have proof of eligibility to work within the US.
* Must have offshore experience in the field.
* Must have offshore safety certification.
* 1-2 years of experience management of survey teams.
* Experience in oversight of HSE programs.
* Some travel to and from the staging location will be reimbursed.
* Project will deploy out of New Bedford, MA
If you would like to apply for this exciting new opening, please click the following link