ERM is seeking a motivated Project Scientist to join our growing office in the Rocky Mountains. The successful candidate will have experience in biological field surveys and report writing, including a focus on conducting both flora and fauna surveys. Experience working in the western U.S. is preferred. The position is a combination of field and office, and the successful candidate may have the opportunity to be deployed for extended periods of time. The position will also include support with other field surveys, including wetland delineations or surveys for protected species. Additional supporting activities may also include permitting, regulatory reviews, land use planning, natural resource inventories, compliance inspections, and post-construction monitoring. ERM's collaborative culture allows us to share knowledge and provide ongoing learning opportunities across the country for our biologists. This is an excellent opportunity for an early career professional to join a growing and exciting technical team, as you build a rewarding career path with a global environmental leader. RESPONSIBILITIES: * Conduct a variety of desktop and field flora and fauna surveys.
* Prepare project-related deliverables such as memos or reports, organize and quality control of collected data from field surveys, literature reviews, and assist senior team members with preparing recommendations for clients.
* Prepare permits (with an emphasis on Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, state agencies, and local counties and cities) in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local requirements.
* Provide technical assistance on National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) environmental assessments and environmental impact statements for ERM's clients (i.e., mining, oil and gas, power generation, electrical transmission, renewable/alternative energy, and Brownfields projects).
* Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
* Communicate effectively with project team members, clients, regulatory agencies, and subcontractors.
* Participate in ERM's diverse technical communities to grow your own network of like-minded colleagues and project managers. REQUIREMENTS: * BS in biology, ecology, or related discipline. Minimum 3.0 GPA. Or equivalency of 8+ years related experience.
* Experience conducting field surveys within the western U.S.
* Demonstrated multi-disciplinary experience (e.g., assist with wetland delineations, wildlife surveys, plant skills, characterize ecosystem functions).
* Willingness to travel and be field-based for extended periods of time.
* Strong commitment to safety.
* Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience analyzing data and writing technical reports.
* Ability to multi-task, maintain good-natured flexibility, and travel.
* Demonstrated attributes to become a strong consultant - team player, eagerness to learn and grow, self-starter who takes initiative, versatile, and service-oriented mentality.
* Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, manage time effectively, handle multiple project assignments, meet strict deadlines on time and within budgets, and travel to diverse project locations.
* Ability to remain agile with changing project scopes and priorities.
* Valid driver's license. Who We Are: As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations. At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level. Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Thank you for your interest in ERM!