Minerals Technologies Inc. (MTI)
is a resource- and technology-based company that develops, produces and markets worldwide a broad range of specialty mineral, mineral-based and synthetic mineral products and related systems and services. The Company has three reportable segments: Specialty Minerals, Performance Materials, and Refractories.MTI
provides a business environment and promotes a culture that encourages all employees to contribute to our success. We have long been committed to the recruitment and advancement of the most talented and qualified people. We recognize that MTI's ability to provide the highest caliber of products and services is enhanced by a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities and countries in which we work.What We Offer:
· Competitive pay, commensurate with experience
· Health/Dental/Vision plans
· 401k company match
· Life Insurance
· Short Term Disability & Long-Term Disability
· Educational Assistance
· Employee Assistance PlanMTI Business Segment:
North America | USA | Belle Fourche, SD
The Performance Materials
segment is a leading supplier of bentonite and bentonite-related products, as well as chromite and leonardite, to industrial and consumer markets globally. Products offered by the Performance Materials segment include specially formulated green sand bond solutions for metalcasting, additives for powdered laundry detergent formulation, and pet litter. This segment operates more than 25 mining or production facilities worldwide. The Performance Materials segment also provides products for non-residential construction, environmental and infrastructure projects worldwide. It serves customers engaged in a broad range of construction projects, including site remediation, concrete waterproofing for underground structures, liquid containment on projects ranging from landfills to flood control, and drilling applications including foundation, slurry wall, tunneling, water well and horizontal drilling.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Specialist at our Belle Fourche, SD location. The Environmental Specialist is responsible for supporting various environmental permitting and compliance projects from early-stage development through operations. Under limited supervision, the Environmental Specialist will support compliance and permitting efforts with all regulations, laws, and company values.Position Details:Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Regulatory compliance oversight (land, wildlife, water).
- Environmental sampling, testing, and analysis.
- Compile baseline environmental and compliance data for various regulatory reports and permitting initiatives.
- Negotiate with regulatory agencies on permitting and compliance actions.
· Utilize Operational Excellence/Lean approach in developing solutions and process improvement for the departmentOther Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct environmental compliance audits and develop training modules.
- Work with site operational staff to identify concerns, conduct and evaluate risk management, and make appropriate mitigation recommendations
*This is considered a safety sensitive position therefore will be subject to random drug testing as required. Qualifications and Experience: Education & Experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- BS in Environmental Science, Environmental or Mining Engineering, Geology, Biology, Soils Science, or Range Management
- 0-2 years' experience
· Demonstrated learning agility.
· Advanced problem solving and organizational skills.
· Must be able to perform compliance inspections and field work tasks safely.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· ArcGIS and AutoCAD/Carlson software experience not required, but beneficial.
· Limited travel to in state meetings
· Primarily office based with regular travel to field locations and regulatory meetingsEOE
| Only candidates under consideration will be contacted