About the CompanyVanqua Bio
is a biotechnology company located in Chicago, IL focused on developing novel therapies for Parkinson's disease and related neurological disorders. Leveraging a state-of-the-art technology platform and biology insights from the founding team, the company is focused on delivering compelling therapeutics to patients.
We offer an excellent compensation package including competitive base salary, company ownership and comprehensive benefits. Vanqua Bio also offers the opportunity to be part of a passionate and driven biotech team in downtown Chicago, ILAbout the Position
We are seeking a Biology Research Associate with proven experience in mammalian cell culture and experience running analytical techniques such as qPCR and ELISA. This candidate will apply their skills in support of colleagues and projects focused on the discovery of novel therapeutics. An ideal candidate is someone who is flexible and excited to be a part of a collaborative, fast-paced biotechnology company committed to improving the lives of patients. Responsibilities:
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Conduct analytical and biochemical experiments using established protocols, including: qPCR, ELISA, screening assays, cell lysis and fractionation, protein quantification, western blotting, cloning, etc.
- Perform routine cell culture including feeding, passaging, plating and treatment of mammalian cells to advance company pipelines
- Assist with experiments as needed to investigate a specific question or problem in collaboration with supervisor
- Provide support to maximize efficiency of biology/chemistry team by maintaining lab inventory and replenishing reagents in common areas, as needed
- Maintain and organize stocks of cryopreserved cells for experimentation/screening
- Maintain accurate scientific records by analyzing and uploading data to a central database
- BS/MS in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of laboratory research experience
- Demonstrated experience with common analytical and biochemical techniques (i.e. qPCR, ELISA, western blotting, cloning)
- Experience with mammalian cell culture is required
- Familiarity with safe and efficient laboratory practices
- General proficiency with computers and scientific software applications
- Eager to be part of an organization discovering and developing drugs for patients with severe illnesses to live longer, better lives
Vanqua is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment offers are contingent upon the applicant successfully completing a background screen.
If interested in this position, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Vanqua Bio does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies for this position. Please do not send resumes to Vanqua employees or to the company location. Vanqua is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.