ERM Certification and Verification Services (ERM CVS), a rapidly growing global Business Unit within ERM Group, is seeking a motivated and experienced Assurance Associate to lead assurance engagements with multinational clients across a range of sectors. As the business community has embraced the importance of climate and broader sustainability strategy and commitments, the importance of disclosing third-party verified data has significantly increased. The role may be based at our corporate assurance hub in ERM's Malvern PA office but another location is possible.
We are looking to add an enthusiastic Sustainability Assurance Associate to our US-based Corporate Assurance team. The successful candidate will play a key role in providing sustainability/responsibility report assurance and GHG/EHS data verification projects with (multi)national clients across a wide range of sectors.
We will consider applications from candidates with at least a college level education in a sustainability- or audit-related field and 3-5 years' experience in a relevant position. Experience with and/or understanding of assurance principles and procedures, subject matter experience in GHG/EHS indicators and data, and knowledge of climate change and sustainability reporting is strongly preferred. The successful candidate will also have advanced data analytics skills (preferably in Excel).
ERM CVS, part of ERM Group with offices in 40 countries and more than 5,000 sustainability professionals, is dedicated to providing its clients with quality, value-adding assurance services. Our Corporate Assurance team currently serves global clients from two 'hubs' (London and Philadelphia), and is supported by staff from the wider ERM Group network.
Main Areas of involvement
* Support Project Managers with day to day delivery of report assurance and EHS/GHG data verification engagements,
* Undertake verification procedures across a range of projects including media research, analytical data review, evidence collection, site visits and report review under supervision of the Project Managers
* Maintain and monitor documentation and project files in line with independent assurance standards and internal quality requirements
* Support lead auditors during client head office and site level visits, and occasionally act in the lead auditor role
The successful candidate must have proven ability in data and spreadsheet analysis (use of Microsoft Excel) and demonstrable writing and communication skills. In addition candidates will ideally demonstrate the following:
* Ability to plan and manage tasks across multiple projects in parallel to meet client expectations and delivery deadlines.
* A willingness and ability to learn quickly, and contribute enthusiastically to our growing business.
* Be a team player with a high degree of self-motivation.
* A broad interest in sustainability and societal challenges with an understanding of sustainability (business) issues (e.g., governance, environment, health and safety, human rights, supply chain management and community relations)
* Willingness to travel for visits to client head offices and operational sites, sometimes at short notice (typically concentrated January - May). Travel is currently restricted due to Covid; however, is expected to resume, as appropriate based on governmental, ERM, and client guidance.
* Some knowledge of sustainability and GHG reporting, for example the GRI Standards, GHG Protocol, SASB, CDP, DJSI, TCFD, SDGs and IIRC Framework.
* Some knowledge or experience of auditing or assurance standards used for sustainability/GHG reporting (e.g. ISAE3000, ISAE3410, ISO14064:3, PCAOB Attestation Standards, AA1000AS).
* Technical knowledge of environmental impacts and emissions including climate change and GHG.
Benefits of working FOR ERM CVS
You would join a team with a rapidly growing business and well-known clients. We offer excellent conditions of service and structured career planning with a wide range of training opportunities to support your development as our business grows. ERM is recognized for its own commitment to sustainability (see https://www.erm.com/sustainability-report/) and its dedication to the safety of its employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications, without regards to gender, race, color, belief or sexual orientation.
Who We Are:
As the world's leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!