Please Note: This is a flexible remote position that can be based anywhere in the United States.
ICF is seeking a Transportation Planning Practice Leader to lead and grow our planning work with state, regional, and local transportation agencies. ICF works with clients to support effective transportation planning and program implementation, drawing on deep expertise in policy, technology, data analytics, environmental and energy issues, equity, resiliency, and communications. We need a dynamic, strategic, and growth-oriented executive to expand our transportation planning footprint across the United States, diversity our client base, and broaden the suite of services provided to state and local transportation agencies.
The selected candidate will be an established professional with a proven track record of developing and implementing strategies that drive significant and sustained growth into an organization. This individual must exhibit strong leadership qualities and should be highly collaborative, as he/she must work closely with ICF practice leaders, project managers, business development units, as well as our clients and strategic teaming partners.
We are looking for a candidate who brings his/her own well-established business network and who has at least 15 years of experience working with state and local clients with a specific focus on selling and delivering transportation planning and related strategy and policy services. Ideally this candidate has experience across all transportation modes and has worked extensively at both the statewide and metropolitan scales.
As the Transportation Planning Practice Leader, you will:
* Grow our sales pipeline through the identification and qualification of new business opportunities that are consistent with strategic priorities for ICF's transportation practice.
* Conduct and support client engagement activities to strengthen our relationships with our clients and increase our understanding of their needs.
* Lead and support proposal development.
* Serve in a project director, project manager, or senior advisory role for selected projects, consistent with strategic priorities.
* Provide high levels of strategic and business vision to reflect the evolving needs of state and local transportation agencies.
* Leverage the capabilities of other ICF practice area including climate change, energy, environmental, outreach and engagement, information technology, etc.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
* 15+ years of experience working with state and local clients, with a specific focus on selling and delivering transportation planning and related strategy and policy services.
* Transportation planning, including statewide, metropolitan, and corridor planning, and performance-based planning and programming.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
* Freight transportation planning and strategy.
* Transit planning and related topics such as shared use mobility, first-mile last-mile connections, and transportation demand management.
* Community and environmental impact assessment issues such as livability, equity, environmental justice, and public health.
* Transportation financial analysis and/or economic analysis, including benefit-cost analysis.
* Transportation asset management and/or risk assessment, including climate change vulnerability and resiliency assessments for the transportation system.
* Transportation data analysis and visualization.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
California Remote Office (CA99)