Growing plant based nutrition company seeks an experienced microbiologist to join the team
This Jobot Job is hosted by Hunter Prater
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.
Salary $80,000 - $110,000 per yearA Bit About Us
Our client develops and manufactures plant-based nutritional ingredients to help innovators bring their agriculture and aquaculture products to market.
Why join us?
100% paid for employer medical insurance
Generous paid time off
Opportunity to be at the forefront of new disease treatment and vaccine production
***Relocation Assistance Available***Job Details
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following
As the Industrial Microbiologist, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the site's seed train and fermentation control program in compliance with Company and federal regulations. In this role you will be keeping microbiological systems operating, meeting performance goals, and maintaining the high level of quality that consumers expect from our products.
- Perform the raw materials and finished product required sampling and testing.
- Expand and develop sample plan to ensure quality control
- Review, report, and approve routine test results.
- Determines specifications
- Executes investigations on out of specification test results for environmental and sterilization processes.
- Perform predetermined sampling and testing to ensure that all the controlled environment rooms and water systems meet the environmental specifications requirements.
- Provides technical review and disposition, as required, or raw materials, in-process and finished goods regarding microbiology related issues.
- Executes projects, generate protocols and investigations for the improvement and support of the manufacturing areas
Validation and Calibration
- Develop and validate the micro analytical for seed train and fermentation
- Maintains all required laboratory instruments and equipment validated and/or calibrated and coordinates with calibration personnel any required activities.
- Executes micro related validations for the new product transfer and for changes to the manufacturing process.
- Manage team to ensure laboratory equipment and complete the required documentation.
- Maintain and file all laboratory test data and reports according to requirements and coordinate their delivery to documentation area for final record retention.
- Evaluates and maintains trend charts of environmental test data, water system, product tests and other microbiology related data.
- Maintains traceability
- Conducts investigations and generates reports for out of specifications.
- Monitors laboratory key indicators and metrics.
- Analyze environmental data results and lab testing results.
- Handling and maintain the environmental corrective action process.
- Prepare quality reports as required.
- Provides training to new Microbiologist on test methods and procedures.
- Will provide training to all new employees in environmental, hygiene, product sampling as part of the on-boarding process.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable procedures and regulatory agency requirements.
Other duties as assigned.Required Qualifications
- Must have at least 5-10 years of experience with Industrial Microbiology
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Good Manufacturing and Laboratory Practice
- Have a bachelor's degree in Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Engineering, or other degree with relevant quality and/or manufacturing experience.
Preferred Qualifications Previous experience working in industrial manufacturing of feed or food products An understanding of how quality is integrated into the initiative process, supply chains, and manufacturing operations
Technical acumen including assay development, PCR, and sanitation / containment is a plus.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.