Be appreciated for a job well done. That is exactly what it is like working for the Natives of Kodiak family of companies. Environmental Assessment Services, LLC (EAS) is a nationally known, scientific environmental characterization company based in Eastern Washington since 2005. Build your career with us!
EAS has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Contract Manager to join our team. In this role, you will perform contract and project management duties and provide strong technical and leadership skills for capturing and managing natural resources projects. This position is full-time, and remote candidates will be considered. The initial functions of this role will be to manage existing U.S. Army Corps of Engineers contracts and fish passage study projects in the Pacific Northwest. The role will also consist of expanding fisheries and other natural resources-related work at EAS by evaluating new project opportunities with new or existing clients. Essential functions of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Contract Manager will consist of the following:
- Contract Program Management
- Provide oversight and management of contracts.
- Interact with clients to provide process management, provide guidance and advice on complying with environmental regulations, and develop trusted advisor relationships with clients.
- Assist with development and implementation of proactive business planning and strategies by cross-collaborating across EAS teams (accomplished via team rather than by individual) and executing growth opportunities with existing and future clients.
- Ensure delivery of projects for specified contracts according to client needs, while exceeding expectations.
- Lead and develop successful proposal efforts, including development of scopes of work, schedules, and budgets.
- Provide senior-level leadership, mentoring, and support to contract and project team members, including hiring and supervisory responsibilities.
- Project Management
- Manage the preparation, planning and analysis/review of technical studies, permit applications, work plans, and similar reports and documents.
- Direct the work of others, including field employees and subcontractors, in completion of required studies, documents, and reports resulting in high-quality, accurate deliverables and maintenance of project schedules and budgets.
- Conduct quality assurance/quality control for data, reports, permits, and related deliverables.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external team members and clients.
- Demonstrate expertise in managing complex projects and/or tasks simultaneously across geographies, with a focus in the Pacific Northwest.
- Understand and implement project start-to-finish sequencing.
- Lead and guide project teams to follow EAS and client safety protocols.
Top candidates for this position will have a Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred) in biology, ecology, or a related natural resources field and10 years of industry experience, including 5 years of natural resources field survey experience and 5 years in a contract and/or project management role. We look for our managers to have the ability to manage multidisciplinary, geographically diverse teams and develop and manage project budgets and schedules. Proposal preparation experience and valid driver's license are required. Preferred candidates will have the following:
- 5 years of contract and project management experience
- 5 years of fisheries science experience and knowledge
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and presentation skills, as well as strong conceptual, problem solving, data management, statistical analysis, and research abilities
Come join our winning team and apply today! We offer outstanding benefits that include medical, dental, vision, disability/life insurances and 401k with match. As a Federal Contract Employer, KOMAN Families of Companies follows Federal Laws as it pertains to drug testing. All candidates who receive a written offer of employment will be required to undergo drug testing for commonly abused controlled substances in accordance with Federal Law. It is important to note although a State may have legalized a controlled substance, if the controlled substance is illegal per Federal Law, it is then considered to be illegal. KOMAN Families of Companies is a Drug-Free Workplace. Successful completion of a background and DMV record check also must be completed prior to hire.
Preference will be given to Natives of Kodiak, Inc. Shareholders and Descendants of Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2000e - 2(i)
Environmental Assessment Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
#Project Management #Contract Manager #Contracts Manager #Environmental Project Management #Natural Resources Project Manager #Natural Resources #Fisheries