SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.Job Description
The Team Lead, Microbiology will be the go-to technical resource and lead the team in testing and analysis of data. You will have a thorough knowledge of all the routine Microbiology testing conducted in the laboratory and coordinate testing activities for the team and ensure that routine tests are completed promptly and in accordance with established methods and regulations and to the client's specifications.
- Coordinate testing activities for a team of Microbiologists and Lab Technicians to meet the challenge and goals of a particular area
- Ensure routine tests requested by SGS clients are performed promptly and in accordance with established methods and applicable regulations (GMP/GLP/ISO) and according to the client's specifications
- Responsible for more advanced and/or specialized studies and will assume study director duties
- Participates in the review and approval process of keeping department documents such as SOPs, protocols, and data forms
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biology, or related sciences
- 7+ years of experience performing advanced testing, analysis, and data interpretation in a regulated, commercial lab environment
- 1+ years of supervisory experience
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.