Job DescriptionJOB DESCRIPTION
Instil Bio is a global clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on the development of novel immuno-oncology treatments called tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (TILs). TILs are naturally occurring immune cells that have the ability to identify and destroy cancer cells. Instil Bio is engineering TILs to harness and amplify their cancer fighting ability to treat of a broad range of solid tumor cancers. Instil Bio is located in Southern California with additional manufacturing and research facilities in Manchester U.K.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, collaborative computational Scientist with strong expertise in bioinformatics and machine learning to join Instil Bio's computational biology team. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in advancing preclinical-stage programs by extracting insights from various complex datasets. In this role, the candidate will be directly reporting to the Computational Biology Team Lead. KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Curate and analyze internal and public datasets to discover and prioritize new engineering principles for next generation TIL products
- Curate and analyze internal and public datasets to inform indication prioritization for TIL therapy
- Develop and apply state-of-the-art bioinformatic, mathematical modeling, and machine learning tools on internal TIL product and process characterization datasets to inform process differentiation and improvement efforts
- Analyze preclinical datasets and contribute to pre-IND/IND data packages
- Work cross-functionally with other departments such as research, process development, analytical development, and translational medicine teams to advance the development of autologous T cell therapy products
- Further the company culture of scientific excellence, achievement, and compliance for the benefit of the company's stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
- Ph.D. degree in computational biology or related disciplines with 03+ research experience
- Masters or Bachelors with extensive industry experience
- Experience scripting in Python, R and bash and the use of version control tools such as Git
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or Google cloud computing environment
- Experience in mining public datasets such as TCGA and GTEx and/or from GEO is preferred
- Experience in analyzing single-cell RNA-Seq/TCR-Seq/ATAC-Seq, CITE-Seq, whole exome sequencing, spatial transcriptomics/proteomics, and high-dimensional flow cytometry datasets is preferred
- Experience in application of mathematical modeling and machine learning methods is preferred
- Previous experience in cell therapy and/or immune-oncology field is preferred
- Comfortable with learning new skills as needed
- Experience working effectively in a fast-paced, team-based environment
- Fluent verbal and written English language skills
The individual can work either remote or relocate for the role.
The company requires that all new employees be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (except for those who require reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons, or as required by applicable law).