Local Unit & Position Description
EVOLVE Intelligence accelerates the transition towards a carbon-free future through software and analytics.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist
to help us accomplish this mission.
The Analytics & Data Science team in DNV - Energy Management's Technology, Analytics, and Products group is a remote-first team. We offer more than just a job; we provide a community where you can learn, grow, and thrive your way. Join a dynamic and diverse technology team that values relationships and the environment as much as results. Help us create software that empowers utility clean energy customers to combat climate change!This position is remote from anywhere across the continental USWhat You'll Do
As the Senior Data Scientist, you will develop deep insights on how our utility partners can improve stewardship of energy efficiency, demand response, storage, electric vehicles, and renewable energy technology. You will solve a variety of problems using techniques such as time series forecasting, anomaly detection, signal processing, classification, probabilistic modeling, natural language processing, and more. Your role is "full stack" and you will own a problem from ideation to production - collaborating and connecting with others throughout the journey.How You'll Succeed
Position QualificationsWhat is Required
- Leverage your creative problem-solving skills to deliver innovative product solutions using classical statistics, mathematical modeling, and the full spectrum of machine learning techniques.
- Develop production grade data science solutions.
- Own the full machine learning life-cycle from conception to prototyping, testing, deploying, and continuous improvement.
- Embrace collaboration and brainstorm with other team members on how to continuously drive the product forward using data science.
- Serve as a mentor and resource to other data scientists on the team.
*Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position*How We Do It
- A Bachelors or advanced degree in a quantitative field.
- 4+ years of work experience using core statistical methods such as checking distributions, correlation/association analysis, multivariate analysis, hypothesis testing, dimensionality reduction, performance statistics, etc.
- Proficiency in SQL and Python.
- Experience in distributed cloud compute (Databricks or Spark preferred).
- Experience working with product teams would be awesome.
- Most importantly, this team member should display a positive, team-oriented attitude to match our friendly and enthusiastic work environment.
- Willingness and the ability to undergo a background investigation and drug screening.
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For more information about your rights under the law, see:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Read more here:
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV What We Offer
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, company holidays, personal days)
- Multiple Medical and Dental benefit plans to choose from, Vision benefits
- Spending accounts - FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, company-seeded HSA
- Special programs - Employee Assistance Program, ID theft protection, and accident and critical illness options for you and your family
- Employer-paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- 401(k) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Consumer discounts and rewards
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
**Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election** P
lease visit our website at www.dnv.com
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act and New York City Salary Transparency Law, DNV provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado or New York City. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado and New York City, NY only, the range of starting pay for this role is $115,000 - $145,000.\u202fCompany & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!