Scope of Responsibility:
The position is responsible for the day to day supervision of EHS staff as well as worker's compensations' cases, loss control, environmental program management, routine hazard recognition, evaluation and control of safety and health hazards in the workplace and also supports functions by performing routine tasks associated with inspection of necessary equipment. The position will work with supervisors, managers and employees to minimize environmental exposures, occupational health and safety risks and to maintain compliance with applicable regulations.
- Ensures compliance with all environmental, health and safety federal, state, local regulations and company policies.
- Performs Risk Assessments with all departments to determine the potential hazards of new processes and ensures that all applicable Federal, State, and Local regulations, along with industry standards, (OSHA, EPA, ANSI, NFPA, and ACGIH) are followed.
- Maintains the SDS Program for materials used, received and/or processed at the facility.
- Determines the potential health effects of any new chemical under consideration for use within the company.
- Schedules and conducts new hire EHS orientation training.
- Ensures incidents are properly reported to internal and external parties in a timely manner.
- Manages industrial hygiene programs, chemical, noise exposure monitoring programs.
- Reviews and approves all safety equipment and procedures.
- In the event of an incident, assists the Site Leadership Team in ensuring the safety of everyone involved and to identify the Root Cause(s), and making corrections to eliminate recurrence.
- Develops and implements site specific JSA's and training programs/ behavior based observations in the use of safety equipment including PPE, chemical hazards, noise hazards, physical hazards and safe operating practices, and assists management with implementation.
- Maintains recordkeeping system for all safety training programs.
- Implements the accident elimination program by tracking and reporting accident rates and developing management's accident investigation techniques.
- Maintains OSHA logs.
- Creates and maintains partnerships with managers, supervisors, medical providers and worker's compensation carrier to manage worker's compensation claims and drive down related costs.
- Develops and implements emergency evacuation plans and procedures, along with environmental response procedures.
- Conducts health, safety and environmental audits.
- Oversees employee safety committee.
- Ensures training and maintenance of procedures for first responder teams.
- Implements the Company's contractor safety and training compliance program.
- Maintains the hazardous waste disposal program, including all manifesting, disposal site selection, hazardous waste training, and internal tracking.
- Examines all new processes and projects for environmental impact.
- Applies for, tracks, and implements all environmental permits.
- Monitors the air and water discharges including, but not limited to, obtaining and remaining certified as a Visible Emissions Evaluator if required.
- A Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety or Environmental or a related field is preferred. Job experience, professional development and continuing education may be substituted for educational experience.
- 3-5 years previous experience working in an EHS position.
- Spanish or Vietnamese speaking is a plus
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and remain insurable under Sabre's vehicle policy.
- Experience in implementing compliance of environmental, health and safety (personal, industrial & occupational) regulations, policies and procedures.
- Capable of driving the completion of EHS required programs from start to finish with little assistance.
- Thorough working knowledge of environmental, health and safety principles.
- Must be available for occasional off hours response and weekend support when needed.
- Professional, efficient and well-developed oral and written communication skills in English required. Spanish speaking and writing ability is a plus.
- Proficient with computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Must have the ability to utilize computer technology to research online, prepare reports, access data and maintain records.
- Creative problem solving to recognize and analyze needs and propose solutions to effectively address them.