PLANT EHS MANAGER, FOOD MANUFACTURING, BERKELEY, CA (AREA)
The PLANT EHS MANAGER technically advises and leads all EH&S practices and programs to protect the employees, customers, and the environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Reviews and implements corporate EH&S programs, policies, procedures, training, and reporting
* Champions organizational compliance, evaluating workplace environments, equipment and practices of all safety standards and government regulations
* Guides management of hazards associated with process safety management, ensuring comprehensive program is maintained to integrate technologies, procedures, and management practices
* Conducts chemical and SDS risk assessment as well as operations risk assessments to specify engineering controls and other regulatory requirements are applicable
* Develops and implements environmental strategies in the work place, auditing and analyzing environmental practices for sustainability (including workplace pollution control, waste management and recycling) for assigned location(s).
* Undertakes regular statutory compliance audits, PSM, JSA process reviews, and QA assessment of safety management systems
* Directs accident investigation programs, reports or reviews findings, note trends, and develop programs for improving performance
* Provides and communicates employee safety training and communication programs, Contingency Planning, Emergency Response, and H&S evaluations / implementation
* Sets environmental and safety priorities and goals consistent with corporate objectives.
* Specifies EH&S guidelines and directives for internal governance and internal controls
* Acts on quantitative measurements and coordinates solutions, presentations, and detailed reporting on safety performance and continuous improvements
* Establishes cross functional teams to coordinate delivery of compliant, safety performance
* Defines solutions which support EHS policy integration into facility operations
Determines improvements which provide reliable, successful EH&S programs
* 8 - 10 years management, safety, and/or operational experience in a manufacturing environment
* Bachelors degree in Environmental Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety or other related field of study
* Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification is preferred
* Knowledge of food processing, gmp, mechanical engineering, vegetable oil and hydrogen plant operations helpful
* Lead and direct the work of others with strong team orientation, ability to influence, and collaborate with all levels of leadership
* Strong analytical, critical thinking, interpersonal and communicative skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and ERP applications
* Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for federal and state programs, processes and program implementation strategies
* Experience and judgment to perform a variety of complex tasks
* Skilled in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail
* Ability to coach and work directly with plant managers and supervisors at each location providing support at the level they need to fulfill their EHS responsibilities.
* Must be legally eligible to work in the US without sponsorship, now and in the future
YOUR REWARDING CAREER AND BENEFITS INCLUDE:
* Leadership development, e-learning and tuition reimbursement programs offering potential for you to progress your future career
* Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental and vision) starting date of hire
* Health Savings Account with annual contribution of $1,000-$1,500
* 401(k) Plan with 100% match
* Free Life and Disability insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* Supplemental Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection and Legal Insurance Plans
* Discounts on travel, amusement parks, concerts, movies, and more
* Celebrations, events, and activities on site and supporting our communities
* Amazon AwardCo recognition incentives for service and peer to peer recognition
CANDIDATES MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE US, NOW AND IN THE FUTURE, WITHOUT SPONSORSHIP.