Intern - Analytical Development, Molecular Biology
We are a fully integrated AAV engineering and gene therapy company poised to create the next generation of innovative genetic therapies with life-changing potential for patients with grievous unmet medical needs.
We leverage our proprietary high-throughput, data science driven AAV engineering platform to create viral vectors with cell-type and tissue level specificity, overcoming many of the biological limitations of early gene therapy efforts. Combined with our in-house preclinical and manufacturing expertise, we are positioned to create the next generation of AAV delivered gene therapies, dramatically changing the lives of patients.
We are founded on the idea that diverse backgrounds and skill sets combine to create an environment that stimulates innovation and creativity, enabling us to grow into a leader in the AAV gene therapy space. Our leadership team is comprised of the scientific founders that developed the underlying intellectual property, and experienced industry veterans with a track record for brining transformative drugs to market. Together with our partners, we will combine next generation engineered capsids with cutting edge gene editing and delivery modalities to bring novel medicines to patients that need them. Our research and development labs, offices, and manufacturing space are located in Newbury Park, near the Amgen campus.Intern - Analytical Development, Molecular Biology
We are looking for a motivated student to join the Analytical Development team as an intern. This position will support sample testing by molecular biology methods to characterize in-process samples and drug product. Under the guidance of scientific leadership, you will execute experiments characterizing AAV vectors for genomic titer, DNA purity, and process impurities. The ideal candidate will be majoring in biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or related fields with good organizational skills and work seamlessly in a team setting. Laboratory activities will constitute 90% of the time.Major Responsibilities
- Routine testing of in-process and drug product samples by ddPCR, qPCR, gel electrophoresis and/or other molecular techniques
- Support method development, optimization, and automation under scientific supervision
- Maintain accurate and detailed laboratory notes
- Support routine lab maintenance activities, including inventory management, supply ordering, lab organization, etc
- Perform additional tasks as assigned
- Undergraduate or graduate student majoring in biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or related fields with GPA 3.2 or higher
- 0-2 years research experience
- Ability to work 15-20 hrs/week
- Experience with molecular techniques (gel electrophoresis, PCR) preferred
- Strong organizational and teamwork skills, with the ability execute experiments under supervision or as part of a group.
This is a part time, paid internship requiring 15-20 hours per week throughout the year.