At New York Blood Center, one of the most comprehensive blood centers in the world, our focus is on cultivating excellence by merging cutting-edge innovation with diligent customer service, groundbreaking research, and comprehensive program and service development. Join us as we work towards meeting and exceeding the growing needs of our diverse communities, further our lifesaving strategic goals in a rapidly changing environment, and expand our impact on the local, national, and global communities we serve.Responsibilities
We are looking for a highly motivated and organized postdoctoral fellow to provide key scientific support to a team of scientists conducting translational research in hematology, blood disorders and stem cell biology. You would be responsible for planning, conducting and analyzing cutting-edge independent scientific research in the laboratory.Responsibilities include:
- Conduct and design independent research under the direction of lab Principle Investigator (PI)
- Perform cell culture, genomic analysis, ELISA, immunofluorescence, flow cytometry and other molecular bench work
- Process human and murine tissues
- Manage laboratory resources, ordering reagents and other lab supplies as needed.
- Manage mouse colonies, including genotyping
- Summarize experimental data timely and assist in drafting figures, results, and methods for publication under the direction of the PI
- Lead junior research assistants/technicians/students.
A doctorate degree (Ph.D.) in Cellular Biology, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Engineering or a related field is required. Must have experience with mammalian cell culture, mouse handling, flow cytometry, and RT-PCR analysis. Expertise with immunohistochemistry, histology, microscopy, genetic mouse models, ELISA assays and other molecular biology assays would be desired.
The ideal candidate would be a quick-learner, who is able to follow new protocols, provide suggestions for improvement and multi-task experiments. Good laboratory technique, superior problem-solving, organizational, oral/written communication skills are required. We are looking for a team player who can work well with others within the laboratory and at NYBC.Unless otherwise specified, all posted opportunities are located in the New York or Greater Tri-State office locations.