This position is responsible for the day to day operations including our water treatment plant and farm. This will include the training and supervision of employees, maintenance, housekeeping, safety and regulatory compliance of the grounds and treatment facilities.
- Manage Environmental Department
- Oversee performance of tests as required for process efficiency
- Analyze data
- Communicate with the plant on usage and quality of water sent for treatment to improve on yields and reduce water treatment costs
- Train personnel in best practices for compliance
- Recordkeeping and ensuring documents are kept up to date and accurate
- Communicate effectively with regulators on matters related to permitting, expansion and non-compliances
- Ensure that facility is maintained according to permitting
- Manage outside grounds of facility. Ensure that the grounds are kept in good condition. This includes blading gravel, mowing, snow removal etc.
- Maintain all permitting and obtaining of permits for facility
- Provide training for facility on environmental aspects
- Managing of R&M, Operating and Labor Budgets
- Complete all regulatory reports
- Participate in emergency and chemical release reporting and response program
- Manage SPCC and SWPPP for facility
- Complete routine audits
- Be able to conduct EMS meetings bi-weekly
- Able to present information, in multiple meetings
- Typically requires minimum of 2 years of related experience. Work experience will be accepted on a year for year basis in lieu of educational requirement
- Bachelors degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or similar field preferred
- Proven Management skills
- Must possess Grade 1 waste water certification, or have the ability to obtain a state certified license within 18 months of employment.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory compliance, wastewater treatment, and permitting programs
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Computer skills, must be proficient in Excel
- Ability to handle confidential materials.
JBS offers a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.
Our foundation & our strength is in our values
DETERMINATION | SIMPLICITY | AVAILABILITY | HUMILITY |SINCERITY | DISCIPLINE | OWNERSHIP