Provides leadership and coordination through technical assistance and training in the administration, operation, and support of Environmental Safety programs.
- Provides subject matter expertise to lead collaborative teams to achieve operational excellence in Environmental Health and Safety, Fire and Life Safety, Hazardous Materials and Waste, and Industrial Hygiene.
- Provides leadership for the hospital in regulatory compliance for the following: Joint Commission chapters EOC, EM and LS; the NFPA life safety code, EPA, WDNR, OSHA and other state and local regulations. Represents the hospital to these regulatory agencies.
- Administer the SDS program though MSDS Online, administers SEND WORD NOW and provide leadership for the recall system RASMAS.
- Recommends and creates changes to policies, procedures, and regulatory programming.
- Suggests improvements regarding quantity and depth of staff training and auditing programs as needed to achieve compliance requirements and business goals.
- Ensures completion of the mandatory annual regulatory reporting of the Tier 2, Hazardous waste report and the Medical Waste reports to the DNR and Emergency Management.
- Initiates stop the line directives for an imminent threat to the health or safety.
- Provides leadership for the Emergency Preparedness program including assuring the JC/CMS Emergency preparedness requirements are met.
- Acts as the Safety Officer or Liaison Officer in the Incident Command Team and as an active member of the Emergency Preparedness Committee.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Emergency Management, Business Continuity, Public Health or equivalent experience in a related field
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
SSM Health is committed to equal employment opportunity based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, and all other statuses protected by law.