WuXi AppTec is a leading global pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and medical device open-access capability and technology platform with global operations. As an innovation-driven and customer-focused platform, WuXi AppTec Group provides a broad and integrated portfolio of services to help our worldwide customers and partners shorten the discovery and development time and lower thecost of drug and medical device R&D through cost-effective and efficient solutions.
At our Laboratory Testing Division, we provide a world class, globally integrated testing solution for drug development and medical device innovation. We enable scientists to transform ideas into the best healthcare products, accelerate the race from bench to bedside, and ultimately improve human life.
Our New Jersey site specializes in small molecule bioanalytical, drug metabolism, and pharmacokinetic services to the pharmaceutical, animal health and agrochemical industries.
The EHS Manager will be responsible for maintaining and managing day to day health, safety, emergency response, and environmental compliance for the New Jersey Site. The EHS Manager will also be responsible for the overall environmental compliance for all facilities in New Jersey. The EHS Manager will monitor and improve processes to prevent and eliminate injury and illness to employees and assist the company to comply with safety laws. The EHS Manager will be responsible for the overall EHS management system and all applicable program elements of EHS. The EHS Manager will additionally support the OU and all Corporate level projects as needed.
This is a Hybrid position, combination of onsite and remote work arrangement.Responsibilities
QualificationsJob Requirements:Experience / Education
- Is the accountable person for development, implementation, and continuous improvement of a EHS management system.
- Will oversee the accident investigation process, audit performance and CAPA tracking methods as well as any associated metric tracking.
- Facilitates / hosts Onsite audits and evaluations to identify potential health hazards from chemicals, biological substances, physical agents, and other environmental hazards.
- Recommends and leads improvements in processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment, to minimize the hazardous
- Leads and conducts employee training and emergency preparedness
- Prepares and maintains all necessary safety related compliance documents and records.
- Provides strategic leadership and works with management on identified Safety, Health & Security issues/recommendations/opportunities to foster continuous improvement of EHS programs and
- Serves as Safety and and Leads advocacy efforts on individual Safety issues of importance to WuXi Apptec
- Responsible for all permits and reports (as it applies to environmental issues) by the Federal, State, or City of township and maintaining documentation around the same (air, water, waste)
- Develops, implements, and manages all components of the EHS system at WuXi New Jersey locations
- Will assist OU in development of Corporate level programs and projects
- Interact and serve as WuXi EHS SME for all regulatory agency and client
- Supports Radioactive Safety Program
- Own Spill Prevention Control and Containment Program (SPCC)
- Accountable for Biosafety Management for the New Jersey Site and assignment of a designated Biosafety Officer
- Will work together with the site Radiation Safety Officer to ensure Radiation Safety compliance for any isotope handling.
- Be able to understand and articulate the business drivers aligned with safety strategy
- Works on routine assignments per written procedures, where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating updated organizational information, job expectations & supporting their work
- Plans, monitors, and appraises direct reports including performance competencies, goals & job results
- Coaches, counsels, and conducts disciplinary actions
- Develops, coordinates, and follows organizational systems, policies, procedures, and follows labor and capacity standards
- Contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals
- Perform job specific tasks in compliance with applicable Regulations, International Standards, and WuXi AppTec Policies and Standard Operating
- Thorough understanding of Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Other duties as assigned
- May be required to assist in other departments
- BS/BA in Science related field preferred; or combination of relevant Experience & Education
- 5+ years relevant technical experience and min 2 years Managing programs
- Preferred CSP, CHMM or CIH certification
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills
- Need to be able to read, write and understand English
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Travel is required 10%, Domestic
- Subject matter expert in regulatory requirements under; OSHA, EPA, NJDEP, CDC, NRC
- Must be able to work in an office environment with minimal noise
- Must be able to work in Lab setting with Biohazards /various Chemicals
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
- Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels
- Ability to stand /Sit/walk for long periods of time
- Ability to Lift 50 lbs occasionally
- Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and reach
- Ability to push/pull 50 lbs / occasionally
- Clarity of Vision
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
- Ability to climb Ladders / Stairs / Scaffolding
- Ability to work in variable temperatures high to freezing
- Inside/outside working conditions
WuXi AppTec requires all employees, both Field and Office-based, to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine by February 9, 2022 or undergo weekly COVID-19 testing as set forth in WuXi AppTecs Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, unless they are eligible for an exemption from the vaccination or testing requirements based on a disability or sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. If you are offered employment with WuXi AppTec, you will be required to provide acceptable proof of your COVID-19 vaccine (if applicable) no later than 8 days before your first day of employment. An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by Management.