The primary purpose of the EHS Specialist is to provide guidance to the site service management team; conduct facility and site safety audits; evaluate performance of daily routines; develop and deliver training programs to employees, contractors, and clients; conduct accident investigations; and facilitate Human Performance trainingPrimary Job Responsibilities:
Training and Experience:
- Responsible for the administrationand implementation of the EHS management systems, program(s), policies, and protocols.
- Develop technical documents including hazard assessments, impact assessments, work instructions, EHS procedures, safety alerts, lessons learned, toolbox talks, permits, and guidance documents.
- Develop and/or review job safety analysis, job hazard analysis and PPE hazard analysis; brief Management, recommend hazard control measures and personal protective equipment (PPE) specific for each task.
- Participate in EHS site audits, inspections and routine surveys including the development and drafting of audit documentation, tracking corrective actions, and monitoring trends in results of audit activities.
- Investigate accident and near miss incidents; facilitate the incident review process to determine root cause; assist supervisors in preparing injury and loss control reports; recommend corrective and preventative measures; follow-up to ensure all corrective actions are in place and working.
- Develop and deliver job specific training to managers, employees, clients and contractors to include OSHA's 30 hour safety training (crane and rigging activities, LockOut/TagOut, hand and power tools, powered industrial trucks, fall protection, hazard communication, etc.), supervisor safety development, new employee orientation and human performance training.
- BS in Occupational Environmental Health and Safety (preferably from a BCSP accredited program). Will accept BA or BS from accredited institution with professional certification(s) in the safety field, or science, engineering, or technology degrees. Will also accept professional certifications (GSP, ASP, CSP, OHST, CHMM, or CIH).
- 5+ years' experience in general industry
(Preferably heavy gauge metal manufacturing)
- Prior experience in training and facilitating.
- 5% (To augment audits, inspections, or other EH&S personnel in the field at client nuclear facilities or other Divisions in OH, or Pittsburgh, PA).
Company DescriptionJohnson Service Group, Inc. (JSG) is a leader in the staffing and consulting services industry, with over 35 years of experience investing in people and companies. We can be found locally in more than 30 offices throughout the United States and Canada and make connections throughout North America. JSG continues to work diligently to offer our clients and candidates world-class service and diversified offerings to fit their evolving needs. Which is why we have recently expanded our consulting services to include information technology consulting in addition to our wide array of staffing services.
But don't just trust us - let our accolades tell the story. For the past six years, JSG has been named to a variety of prominent Staffing Industry Analyst (SIA) award lists including: Largest U.S. Staffing Firms, Largest Canadian Staffing Firms, Fastest Growing U.S. Staffing Firms, and Largest U.S. Engineering Staffing Firms.
People and culture make JSG a great place to work. We're always looking for passionate and talented business development and recruiting professionals who want to build a future with one of our nationwide teams. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance options, sick time, 401(k) and more.
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.