ETIC is seeking an Environmental Scientist who is a Qualified SWPPP Practitioner (QSP), or a Qualified SWPPP Developer. This individual will manage storm water pollution prevention planning (SWPPP) projects throughout California. The candidate will be in charge of construction support activities that include, but are not limited to: preparing and implementing Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans, dewatering plans and permits, and preparing spill prevention and hazardous material management plans.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Successful Candidates Should Have:
- Provide technical expertise for storm water services for construction and industrial clients.
- Plan, organize and administer the permitting, inspection, monitoring, and data management of storm water construction project, in accordance with federal, state and local laws, specifically the General Permit.
- Coordinate the investigation of storm water run-off, industry related storm water quality, and water quality problems, complaints and violations of NPDES and storm water regulations.
- Initiate and conduct site visits, communicate with Clients and recommend solutions and/or mitigation measures.
- Conduct regular site visits to QA/QC site compliance and inspection procedures.
- Respond to site/BMP issues by coordinating with BMP installation team and client construction/environmental team to implement BMPs and corrective actions as needed.
- Train new inspectors.
- Ensure inspection quality and completion.
- Manage field sampling program, including training and sample location selection.
- QA/QC review of sample results and writing corrective action reports.
- Develop and manage Rain Event Action Plans (REAPs) to ensure site compliance.
- Assist in various environmental compliance tasks and reporting, including SWPPP writing.
- Design BMP improvements in the field, including BMP installs/repairs as needed.
- Coordinate SWPPP development and implementation in alignment with biological and/or areas of environmental concerns and limitations.
- Maintain project/Client files and records.
- Prepare regulatory reports and correspondence.
- Conduct and represent ETIC at meetings with Clients.
- Provide technical expertise and management of dewatering plans, spill prevention and hazardous material management projects.
- Perform project bid job walks and prepare proposals and cost estimates based on job walks and plan reviews.
- 5+ years of relevant experience;
- B.S. in Environmental Science, Geology, Engineering, or related field preferred;
- Certifications: QSP/QSD
- Knowledge of general construction, and linear construction projects for utilities;
- Experience on large linear projects a plus;
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communications skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Sound decision making and problem-solving abilities;
- Detail oriented and strong organization skills;
- Proven ability to perform in a time sensitive environment;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects at a given time and travel throughout California as needed;
- Experience with electronic reporting applications for stormwater inspection reporting preferred;
- Ability to work and contribute to a team environment;
- Proficient with computer applications including Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Must meet company defined, pre-employment alcohol/drug screen; and
- Valid Driver's License with a clean driving record
Powered by JazzHR